Vakhmistrov Unknown Composite Aircraft Projects

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

here is an unknown composite aircraft projects,for the Russian designer V.S. Vakhmistrov,first three was TB-7 with MiG-3,GST with I-15bis and MTB with
I-15bis,also he created a twin boom aircraft,used a composite aircraft,two of them was a gliders.

Kryl'ya Rodine 7/2014

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 682
  • 8.png
    8.png
    322.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 7.png
    7.png
    209.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 6.png
    6.png
    192.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 5.png
    5.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 513
  • 4.png
    4.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 552
  • 3.png
    3.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 578
  • 2.png
    2.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 621
Last edited:
I don't know what was it ?.

Авиация и космонавтика 2017-04

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    290.7 KB · Views: 171
The project of Vakhmistrov (02.1933) "T-Z" / "Tyagach-Zvena"
The aircraft is equipped with a powerful forcible engine (probably the prototype of the future AM-34FRN) intended solely for power amplification / lifting of an overloaded bomber or transport aircraft.
Hence the high disproportionate landing gear required that would use a propeller of large diameter need to increase removing all power from the engine, the fuel supply to the plane was minimal, necessary only for takeoff and landing after uncoupling from the aircraft carrier.

Many thanks to you my dear Borovik,

and I think the fighter which carried by it was a hypothetical design,right ?.

The images 2 and 3 seem to be mislabeled. "ГСТ" (GST) was the Soviet designation of license-built PBY-1, which appear on the other image labeled as "МТБ-2" (MTB-2 a.k.a Tupolev ANT-44).
Basically, the caption should be switched between the two images.

WhyMe said:
The images 2 and 3 seem to be mislabeled. "ГСТ" (GST) was the Soviet designation of license-built PBY-1, which appear on the other image labeled as "МТБ-2" (MTB-2 a.k.a Tupolev ANT-44).
Basically, the caption should be switched between the two images.

I think that's right.

borovik said:
The project of Vakhmistrov (02.1933) "T-Z" / "Tyagach-Zvena"
The aircraft is equipped with a powerful forcible engine (probably the prototype of the future AM-34FRN) intended solely for power amplification / lifting of an overloaded bomber or transport aircraft.
Hence the high disproportionate landing gear required that would use a propeller of large diameter need to increase removing all power from the engine, the fuel supply to the plane was minimal, necessary only for takeoff and landing after uncoupling from the aircraft carrier.

The recent book on Vakhmistrov's projects says that the engine was the Isotta-Fraschini Asso-1000, a W-18.

hesham said:
I don't know what was it ?.

Авиация и космонавтика 2017-04

From the same source.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 2.png
    2.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 138
From AE 84,with some explanation.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    547.3 KB · Views: 147
From AE 84,with some explanation.
This reminds us of a Nazi German project to power/tow DFS 230 assault gliders with Bf 109 fighters piggybacked on top. They test flew the DFS/Me. Mistel combination often enough to take a few photos, but by mid-war had abandoned assault gliders for suffering too many casualties (see Fallschirmjager casualties during the bloody invasion of Crete).
Amusing how Soviets contemplated "towing" with only a single fighter.
P.S. a great role for last-week's-fashion in fighters.

Hi,

here is an unknown composite aircraft projects,for the Russian designer V.S. Vakhmistrov,first three was TB-7 with MiG-3,GST with I-15bis and MTB with
I-15bis,also he created a twin boom aircraft,used a composite aircraft,two of them was a gliders.

Kryl'ya Rodine 7/2014
Hesham, do you have any more info on these three aircraft? Mainly the TB-7 and twin boom aircraft. I would like to know about them if you do. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom