Unknown Dassault stealth study/concept fighter from 2001 or before

Deltafan

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

On a French website, a forumer showed us today a video from a Dassault advertising DVD dating from June 2001.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etDiJ2_l3ak

At the end of the video (7'05"), there is an unknown Dassault stealth fighter study/concept, with a "V" tail and "forward swept" air intakes.

Does anyone in the audience know about this concept ?

(I send PM to MIRAGE 4000, alanqua and JC Carbonel to draw their attention to this topic ;) )

Attachments

• Dassault concept chasseur furtif 2001 ou antérieur.png
    Dassault concept chasseur furtif 2001 ou antérieur.png
    995.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Deltafan

Reaction score
Here it's;

hi Hesham.

I don't think. The unknow study is on a Dassault's DVD advertising from 2001 ("Dépot légal : Dassault-Aviation juin 2001", at the end of the video). This drawing shows us a Dassault NGF/FCAS version of 2019.

Last edited:

Wyvern

Reaction score
Was about to comment similar thoughts. The NGF is far too recent for it to be the one in the DVD. It is possible however, that is is a French equivalent to the F-35 (or JSF, to be more accurate), though this is pure speculation.

JC Carbonel

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
I would have said the same.... an antecedent to the current SCAF design ? Circa the turn of the century PopMech had postulated that beyond the Petit-Duc drone was a Grand-duc manned aircraft. This rather poor picture looks rather reminiscent of the Duc series but with the intakes on the side instead that on the top ?

JCC

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
I think there was a picture by that time to a stealth Dassault design,I
saw it in a magazine,but where ?,when I get my memory back,I remember
this.