15.5 KB · Views: 237
overscan said:
Contenders
Aerospatiale ASLP
Boeing SRAM-T (SRAM-2 derivative)
Martin Marietta/BAeD/Hunting TASM-UK

Source:

John Fricker "RAF Operational Requirements" Air International May 1993

The ASLP was cancelled, but I simply can't remember how it differed from ASMP.

The second generation SRAM was cancelled as well.

......And I don't have a clue as to what the "Martin Marietta/BAeD/Hunting TASM-UK" was meant to be?

Does anyone have any more information on the Aerospatiale ASLP?
Pictures seem to be hard to find. I only found one drawing of it in an Aerospatiale ad and i cant make much sense of it. I became interested after reading this mention of its air-intake configuration optimized for stealth:
Using a fuselage like this and placing the air intakes on the
leeward surface, we can get a vehicle that is discreet for on-
ground radar (ALCM, F117, B2). Of course, this location
contradicts the aerodynamic constraints. It can always be
said that, if the vehicle is very discreet, it will not be
detected and therefore will not have to manoeuvre.
Aerospatiale's ASLP concept is based on this principle with
an leeward surface air intake combined with a radar
detector. If acquisition is made anyway, the missile no
longer has to be discreet but its performance must be
increased. It turns over and the air intake is then on the
windward surface where it can be efficient
Source

Attachments

• AerospatialeASLP.JPG
    AerospatialeASLP.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 38
I found some info and a better image in IDR Vol 24 Iss 8 1991
Aerospatiale unveiled a mock-up of one of the many ASLP (air-sol longue’ portée: long-range air-to- surface) missile designs it has studied in association with the Direction des engins (French missile directorate). This missile, currently at the pre-development stage, is mainly intended to replace the ASMP which has been in French service since 1986 as the airborne component of the French strategic nuclear force and could be adopted by the UK, depending on the result of current negotiations.
The ASLP could also be used as a long-range conventional cruise missile. Current plans envisage the ASLP equipping the ACT and ACM versions of the Rafale, each aircraft being capable of carrying one missile on the centreline hard point or one under each wing. The ASLP uses a ramjet plus solid-propellant motor which enables it to travel at speeds close to Mach 3.5 over distances of 1,000 to 1,500km. The missile is completely autonomous, with a terminal phase programmable to any threat defenses. The ASLP flies at very low altitude and is expected to be accurate to within a few metres, due to its ability to navigate to its target by autonomous course correction in free flight. The radar-absorbent configuration and materials are designed to give the ASLP the greatest possible stealth capability. The navigation and guidance systems must also be hardened against possible countermeasures. Its speed, manoeuvrability, low-altitude flight, stealth and resistance to countermeasures will enable the missile to penetrate even the densest defenses.
Another approach being considered is to develop a derivative of the ASLP capable of flying at very-high altitude to prevent it being detected by early-warning aircraft.

Attachments

• AerospatialeASLPmockup.JPG
    AerospatialeASLPmockup.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 48