UAE UAV programs

tyrin

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I will start a little thread discussing UAE UAV capabilities and developments. Will update this when I get more because there is a lot more to talk about.

Reach-S UCAV

1651770534351.jpeg

Shadow 25, 50TJ, and Shadow-P loitering munitions

1651770609978.jpeg

Does UAE actually have any domestically developed UAS in operation, or in flight test operation at least? I haven't seen anything else but nice looking mock-ups and fancy CGI so far.

Does UAE actually have any domestically developed UAS in operation, or in flight test operation at least? I haven't seen anything else but nice looking mock-ups and fancy CGI so far.

There are some videos of the Garmousha flying, and company officials have talked about flying -and operational tests for other UAVs such as the Shadow one I posted about above.

“Progress also appears good on the Shadow seriesof high-speed loitering munitions, with flight tests and operational tests finished and initial deliveries earmarked for 2022. Hunter tube-launched droneswill be ready for delivery in Q3-Q4 2022, Al Bannai added.”

Last edited:

They developed a fairly capable armed UAV called the Yabhon United 40. It was exported to Algeria and also built under license in Belarus under the name Belar YS. Odd that the UAE never operated it in large numbers. At least they tried a unique aerodynamic configuration instead of simply copying the Predator.

Attachments

• UAV_at_Milex_2019_(Minsk,_Belarus)_—_БПЛА_на_выставке_Milex_2019_(Минск,_Беларусь)_-_x00016.jpg
    UAV_at_Milex_2019_(Minsk,_Belarus)_—_БПЛА_на_выставке_Milex_2019_(Минск,_Беларусь)_-_x00016.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 1024px-UAV_at_Milex_2019_(Minsk,_Belarus)_—_БПЛА_на_выставке_Milex_2019_(Минск,_Беларусь)_-_x0...jpg
    1024px-UAV_at_Milex_2019_(Minsk,_Belarus)_—_БПЛА_на_выставке_Milex_2019_(Минск,_Беларусь)_-_x0...jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

1651969437010.jpeg

“We had the first demonstration internally this week,” he said. “One drone was launched from the tube, spread its wings, the engine worked and started flying. The first trial was successful but we will develop the flying performance.”

@VTOLicious

Update on Jeniah and Reach-S

Reach-S will be 1.1 million and produced next year and went from dummy to first flight in less than two years.

Jeniah will have a2a and a2g capabilities and will have multiple versions with different capabilities especially in terms of payload and fuel capacity. First flight is planned in three or so years.

They also plan to get into larger UCAVs in the future most likely in the MQ-9 or MQ-1C weight class. The video I attached has a lot of interesting info.

1680322488119.png

1680322505434.png

1680322533863.png

1680322520114.png

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KVz2FgBtXHg&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fdefencehub.live%2F&source_ve_path=MjM4NTE&feature=emb_title

Check the video I attached, you can actually see the Reach-S first flight in it at around 1:40.

https://www.overtdefense.com/2023/0...with-shadow-and-hunter-loitering-munitions/On

Tuesday, 21 February, ADASI, a subsidiary of UAE defense company EDGE Group, announced that it had signed a contract worth AED 1.33 billion (approximately US$370 million) to supply SHADOW 25 and SHADOW 50 loitering munitions to the UAE Armed Forces. On the same day, another EDGE Group entity, HALCON, signed another agreement worth AED 1.1 billion (approximately US$ 300 million) to deliver HUNTER 2-S, HUNTER 5 and HUNTER 10 loitering munitions to the UAE Armed Forces. The agreements were signed at the International Defense Expo and Conference (IDEX 2023), which was held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (ADNEC).

e120981c-1c5d-4a9a-820a-c082cd0f16fe-1024x681.jpg

Hunter-2S-1200x900.jpg

These are the new drones unveiled at IDEX 2023 and with the acquisition of Milrem in the UGV category.

Autonomous-systems.png