Turkish UAV Developments & Fielding

An official render of Akinci's AESA FCR has finally been revealed for the first time. It was fitted on an Akinci a couple of months ago and it is essentially a scaled version of the F-16B30 Özgür's MURAD GaN Radar.

@stealthflanker In my opinion it could certainly be useful for extending the radar coverage of land based systems. What do you make of this?

20231207_181902.jpg 20231207_184513.jpg

Last edited:
60 Akincis for Saudi Arabia:

The number of AKINCI TİHAs that Saudi Arabia will purchase has been announcedLast year, BAYKAR signed a record contract worth 3.1 billion dollars with the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Defense for the supply of AKINCI TİHA.Allegedly; Saudi Arabia will supply a total of 60 AKINCI TUAVs. Within the scope of the contract, which also includes the establishment of a production line in Saudi Arabia, deliveries will be made in the 2025-2026 band.On the other hand, the contract also includes the local production of ammunition to be used in AKINCI TİHA in Saudi Arabia. In this regard, various contracts were signed between the Saudi authorities and ASELSAN and Roketsan.
View: https://twitter.com/SavunmaSanayiST/status/1754512394976448580?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1754512394976448580%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

I swear if they even put just a saddle on top of it, I will fly this Babe every time.
Those are potentially the most exquisite lines for a twin engine aircraft for general aviation.
IMO, It would be as good as flying a Grumman F-7 every day.

Last edited:
I swear if they even put just a saddle on top of it, I will fly this Babe every time.
This is potentially the most exquisite lines for a twin engine aircraft for general aviation.
IMO, It would be as good as flying a Grumman F-7 every day.
You're right, it does give Grumman F-7 vibes!! I couldn't tell that earlier.

I do find it the best looking in its class as well, its not like there is a competition anyway. All MQ-9 derivatives and lookalikes are ugly looking.

Anyway, this beast has recently received a fighter grade AESA FCR, is there anything crazier than that? It's going to become an AEW platform, it's probably envisaged to act as an aerial extention of IADS.

Last edited:
An official render of Akinci's AESA FCR has finally been revealed for the first time. It was fitted on an Akinci a couple of months ago and it is essentially a scaled version of the F-16B30 Özgür's MURAD GaN Radar.

@stealthflanker In my opinion it could certainly be useful for extending the radar coverage of land based systems. What do you make of this?

View attachment 713559View attachment 713565
View: https://x.com/KAYALP777/status/1762887519161430142?s=20

"• Bayraktar KIZILELMA’nın uçuş ve manevra testleri tamamlandı. Seri üretim aşaması için çalışmalara başlandı."
"Kizilelma's flight and maneuver tests were completed (in 2023). Work has started for the mass production phase."
images

https://www.ssb.gov.tr/Images/Uploads/files/2023 Yılı Faaliyet Raporu(1).pdf

Last edited:
For further context, this missile is replacing the Penguin MK2 in Turkish inventory, it'll be used by Land, Air and Naval. It's one of those forced developments as well, as Norway weren't selling the MK3 upgrade kits to Türkiye.
It is not a solely Anti-Ship Missile anymore, it turned into a common missile platform for a variety of roles.
CAKIR-Infographic-731x1024.jpg

I found this nice collage of Akinci's already certified payloads. It is also integrated with a version of Aselsan's fighter-grade AESA FCR and the airborne tests are due to begin soon. I reckon the envisaged mission is to possibly act as an airborne extention of IADS.

GJSYRgUWMAAViCc

What's not shown here is a Mk-84 class bunker buster, and -soon to be integrated- SOM cruise missile.

1e060ef05cd61c34.jpg

ezgif-5-aef6ed7160.webp

Akıncı TİHA was exported to Burkina Faso. Together with MKE production MK-82 and Aselsan's HGK-82 kit.
Burkina Faso's defense is entrusted to Turkish Bayraktar AKINCI UCAV. Burkina Faso President Ibrahim Traoré:“We are proud to have put Bayraktar AKINCI, which strengthens our defense capacity, at the disposal of our army today.In our country, AKINCI UCAVs have demonstrated successful performances far above the standards envisaged even by its manufacturer.AKINCIs provided active support to our fight against terrorism during the test processes.They have become reliable combat systems with many features, especially high speed and durability.The cooperation between Burkina Faso and Türkiye is progressing very well.I would like to thank the President of Turkey, Mr. Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the architect of our cooperation with Türkiye.Thank you for all the support provided to Burkina Faso during this important period of Burkina Faso's fight against terrorism.”
GKqY2UmWQAAu7yV

Source:
View: https://x.com/clashreport/status/1777395928560697424