• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Turkish UAV [And other Unmanned systems] Development and Fielding

Combat-Master

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
During the Karabakh war, a Bayraktar TB2 was targeted with two missiles by the Russian-made Osa (SA-8 Gecko) air defence system.

Due to the countermeasures used by Bayraktar TB2, which included intense electronic warfare, both missiles from Osa failed to hit TB2.

Last edited:

Combat-Master

Reaction score
Work continues on Aksungur to optimise the platform. Wing optimisations and weight reductions in production variant will increase flight endurance from 49 hours to 60 hours.

<Second prototype - First Prototype >
E3MCF0dXEAI7nJC.jpg

Combat-Master

Reaction score

Deino

ACCESS: Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Turkish UAVs caused discussions about German Army’s technological capabilities. Lieutenant Colonel Michael Karl, expert at German Institute for Defense & Strategic Studies (GIDS): To be clear, if Germany had to fight Azerbaijan in this conflict, it would not have much of a chance.

View attachment 659095
Article in German;

But in fact what do the German armed forces limitations - maybe even in-capabilities - have to do with with Turkish UAV development and the report I posted above?

Combat-Master

Reaction score
Turkish UAVs caused discussions about German Army’s technological capabilities. Lieutenant Colonel Michael Karl, expert at German Institute for Defense & Strategic Studies (GIDS): To be clear, if Germany had to fight Azerbaijan in this conflict, it would not have much of a chance.

View attachment 659095
Article in German;

But in fact what do the German armed forces limitations - maybe even in-capabilities - have to do with with Turkish UAV development and the report I posted above?

- This is a thread I created to document development of Turkish UAVs and Fielding of those UAVs in real world scenarios. I believe we are at a turning point in how wars are fought hence documentation, reports and analysis that I post here which support such cases.

-What I posted has nothing to do with the commentary you posted, why you are objected to feel that way is only something you yourself can answer..

Combat-Master

Reaction score
AKSUNGUR UCAV, 4 to be delivered to Turkish Armed Forces by end of the year. Within 2 years, 14 AKSUNGUR UCAVs are to be in service with various configurations. One of the configurations, will be for Turkish Navy in Naval Patrol Aircraft Variant.
1623850975351.png

ANKA-S destined for Tunisia are currently undergoing Factory Acceptance tests, first lot will be delivered beginning of next month in July.

TAI Ömer Yıldız, Assistant General Manager of UAV Systems:

- We will produce 6 AKSUNGURs by the end of the year, 2 of which are prototypes and 4 are serial production variants . We plan to deliver these 4 to the Turkish Armed Forces by the end of the year.

- "We have not started marketing AKSUNGUR abroad at the moment, we are going through ANKA."
(In addition, 8 AKSUNGURs will be produced in 2022. Thus, the number of AKSUNGURs produced in 2 years will be 14.)

- We provide fire prevention and notification service to Forest Department . (Note: Forest Department did not buy UAVs.)
Until the end of the year, we will integrate base stations into AKSUNGUR.
Thus, in disaster situations (emergency situations, fire prevention, etc.), the teams on the ground will communicate with each other via the base station on our aircraft.

- "We are also preparing AKSUNGUR for maritime patrol missions. Currently, we are giving our aircraft acoustic listening capability for anti-submarine warfare.
We'll be listening to Sonobuoys in a month, and we'll be releasing them by the end of the year."

- "The ANKAs we will deliver to Tunisia in the first week of July will perform the factory acceptance tests here, pack our planes and send them to Tunisia."

- "We are working on the jet-powered UAV line. But what I can explain to you is that we will have 1 jet-powered target aircraft that will fly at supersonic speed by the end of this year. We will announce when we finish the others."
(The name of the target plane is Göksungur.)

Last edited: