TU-160 Blackjack satelite image

unkownusername666

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Good morning folks.

I seem to remember back in the early 80's (1984 according to some research) there was a few satelite images released from a House Appropriations Committee of the MIG-29 and SU-27 on a runway during their respective developments (if I remember rightly) I also seem to remember that there was also a publicly released image of the TU-160 Blackjack bomber. Again this was a satelite image but for the life of me I am unable to find that picture. Does anyone know where I can find this picture or post a copy of that picture for me? I also seem to remember an airline passgenger took a photogrape of the prototype TU-160 at Zhukovsky Airport - would anyone be able to find this as again I am unable to find anything on the web.

Any help would be appreciated. I have searched this web site but am unable to find anything relevant to this. This is my first post and I appologise in advance if I have done this wrong.

Cheers.

The photo taken from the airliner was presented as a satellite photo in an attempt to hide its origins. I don't recall another Tu-160 pic at the time. All 3 were published in Air Force Magazine in early 1985, and copies are in "Warplanes of the Future" by Bill Gunston.