This is hilariously funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
only as Flight pattern ?

Other were more visual...
4676CB9100000578-0-image-a-3_1510997915028.jpg

This dawned on me as an evidence, this morning... I just moved to my mother home to end the lockdown with her, as she is frail and isolated...

So we were discussing goddam chloroquine and Pr. Raoult (the caveman -looking, controversial French doctor... well you know)

And so the end result, done in less than five minute, was this. ROTFL like an idiot, I made myself my day....

(translation

"Dear fellow, first lunch together after the lockdown, feel so good ! "

"Maybe we shall avoid discussing Pr Raoult and chloroquine"

second picture "they discussed the matter..." )

800px-Caran-d-ache-dreyfus-supper.jpg

Many thanks to all.

And everyday that caricature it getting closer and closer from reality - if there is a civil war in France, it won't be because of COVID or Macron blunders or the ongoing economic collapse - but rather

"La chloroquine - pour ou contre le Pr. Raoult ?" ask that question and prepares to run away...

seriously, soon the French riviera will secede, with Raoult in Marseille and Estrosi in Nice leading the rebels and split...

US Car industry reacted on 3JZ-GTE engine with the

Turbo Encabulator

The principle explain

Chrysler introduction and how maintain it

Ok, the lockdown is really driving me crazy...

baignoire.gif

0:20 in the video...

I've seen the anime at least twenty times, and the guy singing in his "sedan bathtub" kills me, every time. So I finally turned him into a animated GIF.

Belgian police officers overstepped the limits on Sunday evening. According to information from Het Nieuwsblad , these inspectors were to check drivers wishing to cross the border between Belgium and the Netherlands.
One of the drivers reportedly saw the barbecue and several bottles of rosé, which prompted him to call the police. The three inspectors were then asked to take a blood alcohol test, which turned out to be positive.
[...]
The suspected police officers came from the aeronautical police and had come as reinforcements to the border in order to check whether the crossings from one country to another responded to a valid reason.

Source (Via Ggl translate) :
[/URL]

I presently have some fun with ship names mis-pronunciations between French and english sailors.

Most funny example is old battleship "Henri quatre" which meant "Henri the fourth" but actually become "angry cat". I laughed like an idiot reading that, then found this wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_warships_by_nickname

I'm looking for help with similar lame but funny puns - with the following ship names. Advise welcome.

Béarn
Languedoc
Jean Bart
Richelieu

My atempts below...

"Jean Bart" - Jean Brat - hence, "bad girl".

Béarn - what does "bearn" mean in english ? found this
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bearn
So while Jean Bart would be a "brat" Bearn would be a kid, too. so they go along pretty well.
Also Barn, like a barn door, is probably unavoidable.

Languedoc is quite easy - long dock, a fitting name for a ship.

George Leygues has already been done - George Legs (LMAO)

How about Darlan ? would "darling" work ? (Darlan dressed as a woman, Hoover style... the horror, the horror...)

What kind of silly pun would you do in english language, with "Richelieu" ?

The perfect engine for the TSR-2 as per Camm aphorism of length span height and... politics.

Here is a little meme I did this morning.

It should be mandatory for many forums, when a user starts a discussion either unuseful or controversial...

Attachments

• j1WWSc3rb2lE_640x360.jpg
    j1WWSc3rb2lE_640x360.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Fellow aerospace geeks, please set my mind at rest... this has been messing with my head for years!

illner-impfung.jpg

Am I the only one who sees that desk and thinks "regeneratively cooled rocket nozzle" (enlarge, it only gets better)?!

(German political talk show "Maybrit Illner")

Note also that the two objects on the left and right of the background graphic have some resemblance to a typical rendering of the Coronavirus...

Note also that the two objects on the left and right of the background graphic have some resemblance to a typical rendering of the Coronavirus...

I should hope so, because this is from a show on the COVID-19 pandemic.

Ok - when you wrote "this has been messing with my head for years" I thought you meant this specific picture.

Ok - when you wrote "this has been messing with my head for years" I thought you meant this specific picture.

The desk post was not me...

No, the desk more generally. Although a while ago they used to have a slightly different one, similar but not as nozzle-ish (which didn't trigger the association).

Seems I'm the only one :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.