• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Theories

KnightTemplar

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Website
www.military-power.net
I was wondering if you had a place to put theories on currently classified projects? I'm not sure if I have just missed it, if it should just go into the best category for it, or if the site is just for declassified projects.

Antonio

ACCESS: Top Secret
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi KnightTemplar :)

you mean Sukhoi T-60, Northrop TR-3, Lockheed Aurora...?

elmayerle

Reaction score
Well, I don't know anything beyond the acknowledged 21 B-2As were produced, but it's obvious from the way the B-2 is broken down into major sub-sections that it would be fairly simple to develop a number of derivatives. In addition, the capacity to add a third seat was built in from the beginning. Lots of potential there that, to the best of my knowledge, was never exploited.

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
So what the thread to be about?
About what exactly classified in B-2 program? Or are there classified B-2 derivatives exist?
Or "...there are 'Black aircrafts", I know they exist!"

Guys at Groom lake not just consume beer. Yes, there are EXIST numerous classified, totally 'black' manned and unmanned projects (at least 8 in case of Skunk Works to the date). Some of them will be probably described in upcoming "The (official) Skunk Works History - First 100 years". ;D

KnightTemplar

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Website
www.military-power.net
Well, I have recently been doing a lot of research on stealth and flying wings (I am a big fan of Northrop Grumman) so, naturally, since the B-2 falls into both categories I found it of great interest.

This particular thread (or at least my post) is the culmination of my research into it. Most of the conclusions are purely speculative, but based on research that I have been able to gather and information I have been able to piece together over the years. But, since the project was built, and most of it is still classified, I'm not entirely sure where to put it.

elmayerle

Reaction score
I can understand hesitations there. There's some stuff I still see speculated over the first flight configuration that's wildly off the true answer. :D Again, I'm not sure how much I can say. I will admit to having worked on the B-2 from November of 1982, before we moved into Pico Rivera, to February of 1989 when I moved to another, equally classified, program.

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
elmayerle said:
I can understand hesitations there. There's some stuff I still see speculated over the first flight configuration that's wildly off the true answer. :D Again, I'm not sure how much I can say. I will admit to having worked on the B-2 from November of 1982, before we moved into Pico Rivera, to February of 1989 when I moved to another, equally classified, program.

Tease :p

;D

Sundog

Reaction score
I can understand hesitations there. There's some stuff I still see speculated over the first flight configuration that's wildly off the true answer. Cheesy Again, I'm not sure how much I can say. I will admit to having worked on the B-2 from November of 1982, before we moved into Pico Rivera, to February of 1989 when I moved to another, equally classified, program.

If it was equally classified, then that means you can tell us what it was, since we know all about the B-2's existence, right? ;)