The SAME, but Different......

xylstra

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Digging deep here! For all you knowledgeable Engine Tech-Heads, this, a most obscure, little known aero-engine, the Motore d'aviazione a revolver - Tipo PLA 500 BFA
I want to discover more about the Italian SAME 'Revolver' axial aero-engine designed by the Cassani brothers. Don't have a lot, see these: (Attached drawings)
....... but hoping to find more, e.g. more drawings, pictures, bio history, magazine articles, test results and ultimate fate of the prototypes. Come on, all you Italian forum members, surely you must know the history of Italy's pre-war aviation technical development? Share it all, we want to know!
Although not aviation, don't hesitate to add their "Nautical" revolver engine, as well, which see: (Attached picture)

Attachments

• 1605055949142.png
    1605055949142.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
  • download (1).png
    download (1).png
    588.6 KB · Views: 24
  • download.png
    download.png
    889.4 KB · Views: 24
xylstra: Do you know if SAME and diesel-maker ItalMotor were connected in any way?

xylstra: Do you know if SAME and diesel-maker ItalMotor were connected in any way?
There is a whole tangled mess of inter-related heavy engineering companies and brand-names so I wouldn't be surprised.