The first P1216 to fly!

shedofdread

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
With the impending release of Harrier's book on the P1216 (http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6661.0.html), I thought I'd share a picture of a balsa 'chuck glider' of same that I made a little while ago. It was built to validate the calculations for the C/G location for a larger, radio controlled version that I really MUST crack on with... no excuse now with a whole book full of information and inspiration :)

Oh, by the way, for the historians out there, the first flight of a P1216 was from over by the fridge to the roller doors - a distance of some 20' ;)

Regards,

S

Attachments

• P1216 - 2.jpg
    P1216 - 2.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 970
That is superb... where do we get the plans? ;) Excellent work.
I must post the P1216 I made out of Lego sometime.

It doesn't fly but here's my first Lego attempt to replicate the P1216...
Will the plans for the balsa flyer ever be available?
Malky

Attachments

• P1216 01.jpg
    P1216 01.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 683
tubtattoo said:
It doesn't fly but here's my first Lego attempt to replicate the P1216...
Will the plans for the balsa flyer ever be available?
Malky

What program did you use to design that?

Its just done in the basic LDRAW program... www.ldraw.org for more info and downloads etc :)
I have actually built it from real Lego but not got photos of it yet. Will try to do over the weekend. Cheers
Malky

I'd be surprised if some high-end lego set doesn't have one. Either that or go to thinkgeek.com or similar, and buy one of those things you can get that projects a moving spot for kittens to chase. Cannibalising it shouldn't be too much of a hassle for some of our modellers.