The emerging space technology

bearnard97

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
In the modern world, science and technology are fast-growing things, and as we can see a lot of new space technologies are about to be produced or invented. Which one do you expect the most and which one do you think might be the most useful for humans or for space exploration?

Nuclear power face fanatic holy crusade by environmentalists and Green Parties !
Fusion for moment only work best in form of H-bombs since 70 years...
Antimatter is extrem expensive to make to store and used, $ Billions for micro gram.

For moment seem that SpaceX plan with refuel Methane/Oxygen at landing site is best we gonna have,
Except environmentalists who fight SpaceX for use of Boca Chica beach

i wonder if authoritarian nations like Russia and China trow there Eco Hippies into camps, and build there version of Nerva and Nuclear Puls Engine...
While in USA and Europa the Green Parties take over and turn the clock back

In the early 20th century science became stuck again because the established paradigm of the Standard Model of Particle Physics was unable to explain the Dark Matter, the Dark Energy, the Gravitational Quantum State and the Cosmological Constant phenomena. The theoretical physicists have been formulating models about the String Theory for 20 years that are impossible to demonstrate because this requires amounts of energy that exceed the available technology. Science or faith?

In 2018 Sabine Hossenfelder of the Frankfurth Institute for Advanced Studies, published the book ‘Lost in Math: How Beauty Leads Physics Astray’.

Sabine argues, which theoretical physicists have lost the North, we have not seen a major breakthrough in the foundations of physics for more than four decades, paucity of major advances in fundamental physics is partly due to an overemphasis on aesthetic criteria such as symmetry and mathematical beauty in the face of its inability to overcome the new challenges posed to science.

In 1453 while the Turks shelled the walls of Constantinople with heavy artillery of 1,054 mm, the Byzantine theologians were debating the sex of angels instead of defending the fortress, ended badly.

It cost humanity 178 years, many resources and many lives to escape its planet for the first time... and then nothing important happened.

A review of the work of Nikola Tesla reveals the kind of thinking required. The ability to demonstrate his ideas led to various inventions still in use today. I have reason to believe that new technology needs to be controlled to keep some advantage over potential enemies. Today, the same standard applies: observation, insight, experiment and working prototype.

In the infinite cosmos, enough worlds were waiting for each human to build their paradise or its hell, but this concept is too difficult to be assimilated by humanity.

Numbed by so many years of denialism, no one were prepared to accept the existence of billions of planets susceptible of being inhabited.

But the interstellar travel it will only stop being a utopia when theoretical physicists became desperate to consider all the time lost in the face of a barrier that had been existing only in their own minds.

If they are unable to develop a new physics they will end up being replaced by an Artificial Intelligence that does not respect the established paradigm.

In October 2019, the Sycamore-Google quantum computer solved its first 'impossible'

problem operating in multidimensional mode.

The origin of the quantum paradox consists of the double reality that exists on an atomic scale where an electron can be at the same time a wave and a material object.

The understanding of this phenomenon exceeds the human capacity and that of digital computers, but a quantum computer if able to solve some classic problems had defeated several generations of theorists operating 'from within' the Quantum world.

Science Fiction writers have ‘solved’ the issue by imagining the Faster Than Light (FTL) technology, the FTL hypothesis starts out from the assumption that technological progress has no upper limit, something that violates Einstein's established paradigm.

Everyone knows this is impossible, but my ‘neural network by defect’ tells me it will finally be built by someone who didn't know it... or we'll stay here until the sun freezes!

Einstein, that sarcastic old man that makes fun of us by sticking out his tongue in the 1951 photograph I have on the wall, the man who elaborated the theories that close our way to the stars.

Theories that have been experimentally proven and that all scientists accept as the established paradigm.

For practical purposes it means that when the speed of a spaceship approaches that of light, its own mass grows until no engine is able to accelerate it further.

We can visualize the phenomenon as a vehicle that tries to climb a mountain whose slope becomes more and more pronounced until it can no longer climb and never reach the top.

But you can also drill a tunnel across the mountain.

In theoretical physics jargon the tunnel solution is called Einstein-Rosen Bridge, or more colloquially Wormhole, a speculative structure that would connect distances such a billions of light years, different universes or different points in time.

Wormholes are consistent with the Einstein theories and are projections of a new spatial dimension, that Science Fiction writers call Hyperspace, a place where the laws of physicals are different.

Consideration must be given to the possibility that the human mind is incapable of solving the problem. Nor do we possess lifting a ton of weight, flying, running at 100 mph, breathing underwater, or seeing Uranus, heat, or bacteria... but we've found a way to build machines that do it for us.

Maybe Artificial Intelligence will uncover the secrets of the FTL.

Perhaps biological intelligence is just a transient phenomenon in evolution.

The big breakthrough that's happening right now has little to do with technological advancement [1]. Instead, it's about logistics and manufacturing: by building rockets and spacecraft on an assembly line rather than in a laboratory (and optimizing the designs for that), the cost of access to space is dropping rapidly.

1: except for one field: materials science

I liked the way how microsatellites are developing and how they partialy substitute ordinary sats. This is a cheaper and easier way for some missions ordinary sats used to do. Also, we may use microsats bigger number of fields that only emphasis their competence.

As orbital space near eath becomes more crowded with cheap microsats, or cubesats, a hazard to navigation is being created.

As orbital space near eath becomes more crowded with cheap microsats, or cubesats, a hazard to navigation is being created.
But still, the usage of use of satellite technology is very useful for humans (especially for scientists to conduct experiments or observe some stuff) I guess that rather cheaper and easier way to use microsats than ordinary satellites. Yeah, this project is still needed to be developed, to be more prodactive and have longer term of usage.

I never heard any rocket manufacturing company use environmentally friendly fuel. But there's an aerospace company the UK can be proud of, and it's Skyrora. @bearnard97 mentioned them while discussing satellite technology, but I want to emphasize that they use a new kind of fuel. Ecosene rocket fuel is produced using plastic recycling technology, and I suppose that this technology is praiseworthy. What do you think about it?

Rockets use a variety of fuels:
- hydrogen burns cleanly, main byproducts are the usual inevitables when you combust stuff (CO, CO2, NOx).
- RP-1 is pretty good too, but is somewhat toxic when spilled
- hypergolics are difficult to work with (lifethreateningly toxic, spontaneously combusts when spilled)
- solids are toxic

ESA's working on an alternative for the hypergolic fuel that's commonly used in small thrusters. A test mission was flown in 2019.

Last edited:
I never heard any rocket manufacturing company use environmentally friendly fuel. But there's an aerospace company the UK can be proud of, and it's Skyrora. @bearnard97 mentioned them while discussing satellite technology, but I want to emphasize that they use a new kind of fuel. Ecosene rocket fuel is produced using plastic recycling technology, and I suppose that this technology is praiseworthy. What do you think about it?
They also use special kind of rocket which is called the term hybrid was given to it because it combines solid Hydroxyl Terminated Polybutadiene (HTPB) fuel and 90% Hydrogen Peroxide (H202) liquid oxidiser.

They also use special kind of rocket which is called the term hybrid was given to it because it combines solid Hydroxyl Terminated Polybutadiene (HTPB) fuel and 90% Hydrogen Peroxide (H202) liquid oxidiser.
Wow, it sounds interesting! Thanks, now I know what I'll read this evening:)

Wow, it sounds interesting! Thanks, now I know what I'll read this evening:)
The hybrid rocket which is called SkyHy is not the only spacecraft by this company that impressed me.
In addition the hybrid rocket is often used to test the thermal protection coating as well as onboard telemetry components under flight conditions.

Last edited:
Possibly of some interest: