Teach for the Sky - British Training Aircraft Since 1945 by James Jackson ('Hood')

elmayerle

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Sounds like another very interesting book I'll have to buy. Good thing they are not coming out all at once.

Hood

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, this caught me on the hop as I had not expected it to appear so soon on their website!

If you loved Chris Gibson's series so far, you'll love this. Its the same mix of service aircraft and project studies that led to them. Everything post-war is included from Prentices, Chipmunks, Jet Provosts, Gnats, Harriers, Varsities, Hawks, Phenoms, in short a complete potted history of post-war British military training.

The cover art of a trio of Red Arrows BAC P.45s is by Luca Landino (CiTrus90), and he has done another artwork inside the book. Luciano Alviani has also contributed four paintings. So you are in for a visual as well as a textual treat.

Last edited:

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, this caught me on the hop as I had not expected it to appear so soon on their website!

If you loved Chris Gibson's series so far, you'll love this. Its the same mix of service aircraft and project studies that led to them. Everything post-war is included from Prentices, Chipmunks, Jet Provosts, Gnats, Harriers, Varsities, Hawks, Phenoms, in short a complete potted history of post-war British military training.
There's a question about whether you cover flight simulators on "The Aviation Enthusiast Book Club" Facebook group.

Hood

Staff member
Reaction score

There's a question about whether you cover flight simulators on "The Aviation Enthusiast Book Club" Facebook group.

Not in depth, but I do touch on aspects of simulators. I'm a member of that group so I'll post a reply directly.

Also, gliders are rather beyond the remit of the book too, as are ATC units etc.

gemccry

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Just checked the Crecy Website-this book is no longer listed. Anyone know what happened?

Hood

Staff member
Reaction score
Well as far as I know everything is progressing on schedule, I've not heard anything to the contary from Crecy.

EDIT: link above is now working again, it was a technical hitch.

Last edited:

uk 75

Reaction score
30 July long past. Has anyone been able to buy this book?

Hood

Staff member
Reaction score
Today I got the latest situation from Crecy. It seems a paper shortage has delayed printing, plus the usual supply chain issues with shortages of drivers and customs checks are slowing things down. All being well Crecy hope to have it in their warehouse the first week in October.
It seems a lot of their new titles are being delayed by around a month.