• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

T-X - A Future USAF Trainer

totoro

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Even though Argentina was initially against Russian/Chinese gear, such moves might eventually push them towards russian/chinese stuff simply because there are no other routes.

Archibald

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
You certainly have a point. Not sure about their air worthiness, as you said. Didn't France sold a whole lot of SEM to Argentina some years ago ?

TomS

Reaction score
You certainly have a point. Not sure about their air worthiness, as you said. Didn't France sold a whole lot of SEM to Argentina some years ago ?

Only if five is "a whole lot."

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
Sell?!! At 12M€ the lot of 5 (fully operational), it's a gift
See the Great aircraft Bazaar thread
5 Super Etendard for 12.55M€ (5 Super Etendards, along with a simulator, eight spare engines, and a large batch of spares and tooling including barracuda jammer) - 3 directly put into service, 2 used as spare to regenerate airframe already in service

Last edited:

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
As written extensively in the mentioned thread (sorry for that), 2 airframe are to be used for spare for the ones they have already and 3 are to be put immediately in service. Simulator is included in the deal hence. .. Alas, no Training for the French industry.

Last edited:

Foo Fighter

I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
Reaction score
Spin off question, carbon panels and sections, recycled, how?

TomS

Reaction score
As written extensively in the mentioned thread (sorry for that), 2 airframe are to be used for spare for the ones they have already and 3 are to be put immediately in service. Simulator is included in the deal hence. .. Alas, no Training for the French industry.

Who do you think will run that simulator? Who do you think will train the operators and maintainers? There are going to be French techreps there as long as the planes are in service.

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score

Who do you think will run that simulator? Who do you think will train the operators and maintainers? There are going to be French techreps there as long as the planes are in service.
It's possible. But after 40 years of Etendard flying, they might not need to burden the budget for expensive expats...

For example, Latin America countries have flown their Sabre, T-33 or T-37 without US personnel for years.

TomS

Reaction score
It's possible. But after 40 years of Etendard flying, they might not need to burden the budget for expensive expats...

For example, Latin America countries have flown their Sabre, T-33 or T-37 without US personnel for years.

Perhaps not. But at least then the French got some money for aircraft that would otherwise be scrap metal. If you think there's a market somewhere that will pay top dollar for used 1970s/80s vintage aircraft, you're mistaken.

Mark Nankivil

Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have not seen any word on where the production line is to be set up. Hope St. Louis so I can catch some flying but anyone know where?

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Excalibur66

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I have not seen any word on where the production line is to be set up. Hope St. Louis so I can catch some flying but anyone know where?

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Enjoy the Day! Mark
https://www.defensenews.com/industry/2019/05/08/saab-to-build-new-t-x-plant-in-indiana/ Saab will build most of the sections in Indiana then sent it to St Louis for final assembly.

Mark Nankivil

Top Contributor
Reaction score

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Enjoy the Day! Mark
https://www.defensenews.com/industry/2019/05/08/saab-to-build-new-t-x-plant-in-indiana/ Saab will build most of the sections in Indiana then sent it to St Louis for final assembly.
Thanks - guess I'll see some new aircraft flying! Mark

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
See the RFI enclosed

Attachments

• 200512 UJTS RFI.pdf
    668.6 KB · Views: 15