T-72s with top attack 'armour'?

Some band-aid solution there. I think Syrian goes bit into more extreme with that in their T-72 "Mahmia"

That will help pre-detonating the munitions to something the thin top can take safely.

Wouldn't help with top attack atgms but I think it could help against loitering munitions as said above. Crude and ad hoc but hey I think it is kinda neat.

And also some posting about the Turkish drones. NK affair is extremely, and I mean extremely saturated in propaganda from all sides. No doubt remote controlled loitering vehicles dropping munitions as well as explosive RC planes/quadcopters are a huge development in warfare. That said NK affair was a proxy war where the rules of engagement we're set by Turks and Russians. If air superiority was near total by one of the two sides in a more escalated conflict, Turkish or Russian remote control vehicles would be dropping out of the sky like flies.

Nowt new here apart from its 'hardness'. This was fitted to stop grenades landing on the roof.
Bombproof-roof.jpg

Source: The Tank Museum

Chris

I think the idea of the plastic inserts is stop the sand settling to the bottom of the bags, and leaving no protection at the top . . .

cheers,
Robin.