Sukhoi Su-57 / T-50 / PAK FA - flight testing and development Part II [2012-current]

Look at the N+1 interview with Marchukov
Thank you, https://vk.com/@pakfa-plazmennyi-motor-n-1-pogovoril-s-razrabotchikom-izdeliya-30 now just a random question to any viewers

"In the engine of the second stage for the Su-57, the developers applied a number of new design approaches and technologies, so that the "Product 30" in terms of specific fuel consumption approximately corresponds to the al-circuit engine AL-31F (670 grams per kilogram-force per hour in cruising mode), but surpasses it in terms of specific thrust. The AL-31F and its variants are among the most fuel-efficient combat aircraft engines in the world; such engines are put on the Su-27, Su-30 and Su-34 fighters, as well as on the Chinese fifth-generation fighter J-20."

View attachment 661063

random google search gives me the Max weight on the Su-57 of 35,000kg and internal fuel of 10,300kg. Su-57 is a little heavier but has more internal fuel. Will the Su-57s max range be higher than the Su-27 along with the addition to supercruise? Trust me my curiosity for the F-22s ferry range on another thread was not of bad intention, I just love technology. :p
This is utter drivel from start to finish.

The Su-27 manuals are freely available and will give you the correct information.

Placard max speed is Mach 2.35 but limited to 5 minutes maximum above Mach 2.15.

Maximum takeoff weight: 33,000 kg (when KN-41 wheel with model 017A tyre and KT-156D wheel with model 2A tyre are installed)
Maximum takeoff weight: 28,000 kg (when KN-27 wheel with model 016A tyre, KT-156D wheel with model 2A tyre are installed)
Design takeoff weight: 23250 kg (2 x R-27 + 2 x R-73E, 5090 kg internal fuel, full non-removable equipment suite,150 rounds for gun).
Max fuel takeoff weight: 27,380 kg (2 x R-27 + 2 x R-73E, 9220 kg internal fuel (density = 0.785)
Maximum weight of load of R-27 and R-73E missiles – 1950 kg

The Su-27 doesn't use external fuel tanks. It doesn't have a Flash Dance radar or a TV sensor or a 'balistic bombsight". Ranges are all different from the ones quoted.

In short, any arguments made using figures from this page are utterly without foundation.

This is utter drivel from start to finish.

The Su-27 manuals are freely available and will give you the correct information.

Placard max speed is Mach 2.35 but limited to 5 minutes maximum above Mach 2.15.

Maximum takeoff weight: 33,000 kg (when KN-41 wheel with model 017A tyre and KT-156D wheel with model 2A tyre are installed)
Maximum takeoff weight: 28,000 kg (when KN-27 wheel with model 016A tyre, KT-156D wheel with model 2A tyre are installed)
Design takeoff weight: 23250 kg (2 x R-27 + 2 x R-73E, 5090 kg internal fuel, full non-removable equipment suite,150 rounds for gun).
Max fuel takeoff weight: 27,380 kg (2 x R-27 + 2 x R-73E, 9220 kg internal fuel (density = 0.785)
Maximum weight of load of R-27 and R-73E missiles – 1950 kg

The Su-27 doesn't use external fuel tanks. It doesn't have a Flash Dance radar or a TV sensor or a 'balistic bombsight". Ranges are all different from the ones quoted.

In short, any arguments made using figures from this page are utterly without foundation.
I guess I received the wrong info from a few sources on the 1st google search results. You got a source I can look for to get this correct information on the range and internal fuel please?

The Su-27 doesn't use external fuel tanks. It doesn't have a Flash Dance radar or a TV sensor or a 'balistic bombsight".

HUDs can (no idea if it does in the Flanker) function as a ballistic weapons release computer, generating a continuously computed impact point or release point. Replacing older bombsights with something better was a big part of the retrofit HUDWAC market in the mid-late 80s. So 'balistic bombsight' may just be extrapolating from 'it has a HUD'.

An interesting article about RAM on the Su-57 shared on Reddit courtesy of user Foxhoundbat

Perhaps machine translating of the article will prove more cooperative to some of you compared to me, but I have shared translations of key sections.

Each layer of a special coating has a special functional purpose and its own unique thickness, which depends on the area of application. Compounds - compositions based on various polymers - eventually form a kind of layer cake, the properties of which make it possible for the Su-57 to significantly reduce radar signature.

“We apply, process, measure the thickness, apply again the next day, and so on,” explains Svetlana Latyshova. - The quality of the coating and its service life during the operation of the aircraft depend on the thoroughness of all operations. The Su-57 has a very long warranty period and service life. We are obliged to do everything to ensure that the radio-absorbing coating is of high quality, in compliance with all the rules and regulations laid down in the design documentation. Marriage is unacceptable in this matter. "

“The work is laborious, physically and technically challenging, but very interesting and promising,” says Konstantin Lachkov, painter of the area of radio-absorbing coatings. - The center of competence for radio-absorbing coatings in Russia is us, our plant named after Yuri Gagarin. Coating booths like ours are nowhere to be found. You will not find such knowledge as that of our brigade outside Komsomolsk-on-Amur. All are trained and certified. Taking into account the growth in production volumes, new personnel are being trained. Our team is ready for the serial production of the new aircraft. We have everything for this."
Mastering the technology of applying radio-absorbing coatings of the Su-57 aircraft is only the beginning of the journey. A lot of work is underway to improve the process. According to today's technologies, the entire cycle of stage-by-stage application of radio-absorbing coatings takes just over a month. According to experts, technological capabilities and scientific developments to reduce the time of this process make it possible to do it faster.

“We have developed a good connection between production and technological service,” explains Svetlana Latyshova. - Production raises questions of where and what can be done better, and the technological service works through them and gives answers. We are moving towards making the process more processable in order to reduce the time required for coating on downstream aircraft. ”

Serial production with a gradual increase in the output of fifth-generation aircraft poses new complex, but interesting tasks for the coating department staff. One thing remains unchanged - the quality of work must always remain at its best.

Last edited:
Err.... what happened to those central weapons bays tho??? The bay doors are shaped differently.
That is just a marketing stand by KTRV
That has much more problems than just bay doors. This pseudoKAB in internal bay...

Yeah... what is going on with that? I get that the KAB-500 is a tad on the impossible side... but also, what is going on with the KAB-1500?

Some sort of weapons rack or similar mounted externally, including over the main weapon bay doors, leaving the bay for additional fuel tanks only?

If your point is simply that Izdeliye 30 needs greater mass flow than Izdeliye 117, and the intakes for Su-57 were oversized intentionally, then that is certainly possible.

Late 1980s AL-41F (Izdeliye 20) was a larger and heavier engine in general with significantly greater diameter than AL-31F due to its supercruise optimised enlarged core, which is why it wouldn't fit in the Su-27 family.

Izdeliye 30 however seems to have the same diameter as the AL-31F/AL-41F1 family and is significantly shorter. It could be that the core is larger, but this would mean a lower bypass ratio to fit in the same diameter, so it's not clear that mass flow would increase overall - just that more of the air passes through the core and less goes around it.

Izdeliye 30 however seems to have the same diameter as the AL-31F/AL-41F1 family and is significantly shorter. It could be that the core is larger, but this would mean a lower bypass ratio to fit in the same diameter, so it's not clear that mass flow would increase overall - just that more of the air passes through the core and less goes around it.
I believe there have been explicit mentions to the izd. 30 being exchangeable with the AL-41F1, and the same was said for the upcoming 3 stream version under design for the 6G. So I am not convinced it is shorter, I wonder if you have seen any solid evidence of that?

As to the mass flow, OPR is one of the parameters subject to technological improvement over engine generations, so it is logical to expect that the airflow is going to be increased because of that, and also enabled because TIT is increasing too. In fact I think that the max thrust reasoning I did above as a way to compare airflow of different engines has merit despite probably not being 100% accurate, and the AB thrust increase in izd. 30 vs previous engines of the AL-31F family is very substantial and difficult to explain without a serious growth in mass flow.

There have been mentions of a potential five missile A2A internal readout on LTS. This makes me wonder if the update the su57 is supposedly going to get in a few years might also include an eight missile internal loadout.

I believe there have been explicit mentions to the izd. 30 being exchangeable with the AL-41F1, and the same was said for the upcoming 3 stream version under design for the 6G. So I am not convinced it is shorter, I wonder if you have seen any solid evidence of that?

As to the mass flow, OPR is one of the parameters subject to technological improvement over engine generations, so it is logical to expect that the airflow is going to be increased because of that, and also enabled because TIT is increasing too. In fact I think that the max thrust reasoning I did above as a way to compare airflow of different engines has merit despite probably not being 100% accurate, and the AB thrust increase in izd. 30 vs previous engines of the AL-31F family is very substantial and difficult to explain without a serious growth in mass flow.
Afterburner thrust increase compared to 117 could the result of a higher bypass ratio leading to more oxygen in the exhaust. This would decrease dry thrust but increase afterburner thrust, at a cost in fuel burn. Given we have no figures for mil thrust, only maximum, this is a plausible scenario.

Afterburner thrust increase compared to 117 could the result of a higher bypass ratio leading to more oxygen in the exhaust. This would decrease dry thrust but increase afterburner thrust, at a cost in fuel burn. Given we have no figures for mil thrust, only maximum, this is a plausible scenario.
The SFC is roughly that of AL-31 family, that does not combine well with a higher BPR, it would mean that they have gone backwards in terms of efficiency.

Moreover, the way you say you would loose military power, so where would the overall increase in thrust come from? You can see that high BPR engines do not have prortionaly higher max thrust than low BPR ones, just a bigger jump from mil to max. And on top of that, the designer has said the specific thrust is the highest around, even if they don't have the 100% values from F119 that means they reach a very low BPR.

As to the mass flow, OPR is one of the parameters subject to technological improvement over engine generations, so it is logical to expect that the airflow is going to be increased because of that, and also enabled because TIT is increasing too.
Overall pressure ratio (OPR) improvement is not tied increased mass flow, you can't simply assume one will cause the other.

Keeping in mind that thrust is the product of mass flow and exhaust velocity, as well as pressure differences between the inlet and exit, higher OPR can increase the stagnation properties of the gas, which in turn can result in more work being extracted by the turbine and greater exhaust velocity from higher nozzle pressure ratio, depending on how the system as a whole is designed. I don't know why you're fixated on mass flow, and to be frank it's looking like circular reasoning at this point.

EDIT: The F-15EX uses the F110-GE-129, which has a mass flow of 122.4 kg/s which is greater than the AL-31F's 112 kg/s, and yet the F-15's inlet capture area is smaller than the Su-27's.

Last edited:
The SFC is roughly that of AL-31 family, that does not combine well with a higher BPR, it would mean that they have gone backwards in terms of efficiency.

Moreover, the way you say you would loose military power, so where would the overall increase in thrust come from? You can see that high BPR engines do not have prortionaly higher max thrust than low BPR ones, just a bigger jump from mil to max. And on top of that, the designer has said the specific thrust is the highest around, even if they don't have the 100% values from F119 that means they reach a very low BPR.
The primary improvement to Izdeliye 30 is the raising of the turbine entry temperature from 1745K to 2000-2100K. This puts it close to the F135 class (2200-2300K)

Overall pressure ratio (OPR) improvement is not tied increased mass flow, you can't simply assume one will cause the other.

Keeping in mind that thrust is the product of mass flow and exhaust velocity, as well as pressure differences between the inlet and exit, higher OPR can increase the stagnation properties of the gas, which in turn can result in more work being extracted by the turbine and greater exhaust velocity from higher nozzle pressure ratio, depending on how the system as a whole is designed. I don't know why you're fixated on mass flow, and to be frank it's looking like circular reasoning at this point.
How would you increase mass flow through an engine of the same diameter if you don't improve the compression and thermal characteristics?

BTW I am addressing both exhaust velocity and mass flow, being both the main manageable factors of thrust as you say. It is obvious that improving any of those two is of immediate use in a supercruising engine.

The primary improvement to Izdeliye 30 is the raising of the turbine entry temperature from 1745K to 2000-2100K. This puts it close to the F135 class (2200-2300K)
I don't know what the source for that temperature is?

The points I made about the izd. 30 are all sourced at the designer, it is a supercruising engine with higher claimed specific thrust than F119 or F135 and that is hardly compatible with the high BPR you are referring, unless it is so much ahead of them in TIT that it can compensate a big difference in bypass ratio.

There have been mentions of a potential five missile A2A internal readout on LTS. This makes me wonder if the update the su57 is supposedly going to get in a few years might also include an eight missile internal loadout.

We've generally assumed two 700kg rated hardpoints per bay... (as the bays are designed around such weapons). However, some people always claimed there was enough volume for three 400kg hardpoints.

The real question is whether it is possible to have a 2x700kg hardpoints, and a 400kg hardpoint in the middle - and have them all positioned in such a way that the 700kg hardpoints can carry either a high diameter in the middle of each side of the bay or a narrower missiles while leaving enough room for a third missile in the middle (or whether it is possible to have 2x700kg hardpoints and 3x400kg hardpoints in the same bay (and just use the hardpoints which are appropriate to a given loadout)!

The AL-41F1 (izdeliye 117) is not very different from the AL-41F1S (izdeliye 117S), with the biggest distinction being the latter’s own control unit, while the 117 is integrated into the Su-57’s flight control system. I would expect them to weigh nearly the same at roughly 1,600 kg. The Izdeliye 30 should weigh less, as it has fewer fan and compressor stages and more modern materials. I believe the target weight is about 1,450 kg.
Unless the control unit weighed 150kg I suppose?

Thanks for the pics. In the top image, you can see the thick RAM sections missing, just like on some previous T-50 airframes.
I wonder, why is it applied in stages, and how is it applied properly along the angled edges of the rest of the RAM?

https://iz.ru/1232091/2021-10-07/rossiiskie-voennye-poluchat-novuiu-giperzvukovuiu-raketu

In Russia, another system of hypersonic weapons is being created. It is implemented within the framework of development work (ROC) "Larva-MD". Now the product is at the stage of working out the layout, it has not yet come out for flight tests. The new missile is designed to equip the Su-57 stealth fighters. Presumably, it will fly at speeds five or more times faster than sound and will become almost invulnerable to modern air and missile defense systems.

According to the documents that are at the disposal of Izvestia, the second stage of the ROC "Larva-MD" started in 2019. The main developer on this topic is JSC "Corporation" Tactical Missile Armament ". As an engine in the rocket is used the so-called product 70. It is developed by the Turaev Machine-Building Design Bureau "Soyuz", specializing in power plants for ultra-high-speed missiles.

Sources of "Izvestia" in the defense Ministry confirmed that for the armament of the Su-57 hypersonic munition is being developed. Now it is at the stage of ground working out and flights with weight and size models. The missile will be placed in the internal compartments of the Russian stealth fighter.

"It can be assumed that the "Larva-MD" is a replacement for anti-ship ammunition for operational-tactical aviation. It should be a hypersonic missile, probably with a range of several hundred kilometers, "said military expert Dmitry Kornev.

He also added that the new development will replace the family of anti-ship supersonic missiles X-31, which were created in the 1980s.

"Russia is surrounded by seas and our country cannot do without modern air-to-surface weapons," Dmitry Kornev concluded.

The fact that Russia is developing a high-speed anti-ship missile of a new generation, said this year at the International Naval Salon in St. Petersburg and the General Director of KTRV Boris Obnosov. According to him, the jam-proof "smart" ammunition will replenish the line of aviation weapons of the company.

This source was just screaming at me to share cool ideas or weapons with others.

try not to drool over your computers https://iz.ru/1231901/anton-lavrov-...ossiiskie-voennye-poluchat-kompaktnuiu-raketu

new weapon larva.JPG

"We can assume that the "Larva-MD" is a replacement for anti-ship ammunition for operational-tactical aviation, - said military expert Dmitry Kornev. - It should be a hypersonic missile, probably with a range of several hundred kilometers.

The two letters in the name of the MD missile most likely indicate a short-range munition. Close-to-air missiles from the same manufacturer had a similar letter designation. But it can be considered "small" only in comparison with other hypersonic samples flying 1,000 kilometers or more, the expert noted.

So, in 2013, the then commander-in-chief of the Air Force, Colonel-General Alexander Zelin, revealed some details of the creation of lightweight hypersonic missiles. According to him, such ammunition weighs about 1600 kg and reaches a speed of Mach 6.

In 2012, development work was launched to create another hypersonic missile with a PVRD - the novelty was called "Gremlin". This munition is intended for arming operational-tactical aviation, including Su-34 bombers. Small size and weight should allow you to hang several missiles on each aircraft.

Earlier, Alexander Zelin reported that in addition to small hypersonic guided missiles in development is a much heavier model for long-range aviation, which can reach speeds of up to Mach 12. The novelty, the work on which started in 2016, was called "Sharpness". As a power plant in this rocket uses a more powerful ramjet engine, known under the designation "product 71".

In addition to aircraft carriers, hypersonic ammunition in Russia is being developed for the fleet and the Strategic Missile Forces.

So list of aerial hypersonic weapons are mysterious black missile on mig-31(more likely ASAT), kinzhal, GZUR, Gremlin and Larva-MD, information is not clear enough for me if the klevok-d2 can be used aerial wise.

Last edited:
https://iz.ru/1232091/2021-10-07/rossiiskie-voennye-poluchat-novuiu-giperzvukovuiu-raketu

In Russia, another system of hypersonic weapons is being created. It is implemented within the framework of development work (ROC) "Larva-MD". Now the product is at the stage of working out the layout, it has not yet come out for flight tests. The new missile is designed to equip the Su-57 stealth fighters. Presumably, it will fly at speeds five or more times faster than sound and will become almost invulnerable to modern air and missile defense systems.

According to the documents that are at the disposal of Izvestia, the second stage of the ROC "Larva-MD" started in 2019. The main developer on this topic is JSC "Corporation" Tactical Missile Armament ". As an engine in the rocket is used the so-called product 70. It is developed by the Turaev Machine-Building Design Bureau "Soyuz", specializing in power plants for ultra-high-speed missiles.

Sources of "Izvestia" in the defense Ministry confirmed that for the armament of the Su-57 hypersonic munition is being developed. Now it is at the stage of ground working out and flights with weight and size models. The missile will be placed in the internal compartments of the Russian stealth fighter.

"It can be assumed that the "Larva-MD" is a replacement for anti-ship ammunition for operational-tactical aviation. It should be a hypersonic missile, probably with a range of several hundred kilometers, "said military expert Dmitry Kornev.

He also added that the new development will replace the family of anti-ship supersonic missiles X-31, which were created in the 1980s.

"Russia is surrounded by seas and our country cannot do without modern air-to-surface weapons," Dmitry Kornev concluded.

The fact that Russia is developing a high-speed anti-ship missile of a new generation, said this year at the International Naval Salon in St. Petersburg and the General Director of KTRV Boris Obnosov. According to him, the jam-proof "smart" ammunition will replenish the line of aviation weapons of the company.

This source was just screaming at me to share cool ideas or weapons with others.

try not to drool over your computers https://iz.ru/1231901/anton-lavrov-...ossiiskie-voennye-poluchat-kompaktnuiu-raketu

View attachment 665711

"We can assume that the "Larva-MD" is a replacement for anti-ship ammunition for operational-tactical aviation, - said military expert Dmitry Kornev. - It should be a hypersonic missile, probably with a range of several hundred kilometers.

The two letters in the name of the MD missile most likely indicate a short-range munition. Close-to-air missiles from the same manufacturer had a similar letter designation. But it can be considered "small" only in comparison with other hypersonic samples flying 1,000 kilometers or more, the expert noted.

So, in 2013, the then commander-in-chief of the Air Force, Colonel-General Alexander Zelin, revealed some details of the creation of lightweight hypersonic missiles. According to him, such ammunition weighs about 1600 kg and reaches a speed of Mach 6.

In 2012, development work was launched to create another hypersonic missile with a PVRD - the novelty was called "Gremlin". This munition is intended for arming operational-tactical aviation, including Su-34 bombers. Small size and weight should allow you to hang several missiles on each aircraft.

Earlier, Alexander Zelin reported that in addition to small hypersonic guided missiles in development is a much heavier model for long-range aviation, which can reach speeds of up to Mach 12. The novelty, the work on which started in 2016, was called "Sharpness". As a power plant in this rocket uses a more powerful ramjet engine, known under the designation "product 71".

In addition to aircraft carriers, hypersonic ammunition in Russia is being developed for the fleet and the Strategic Missile Forces.

So list of aerial hypersonic weapons are mysterious black missile on mig-31(more likely ASAT), kinzhal, GZUR, Gremlin and Larva-MD, information is not clear enough for me if the klevok-d2 can be used aerial wise.
Basically this is something similar to HACM and Screaming arrow?

HACM i cant tell if they do not show size differences like is it related to GZUR launched by a tu-160 or is HACM actually smaller than Larva-MD or at the same size? Screaming arrow gives us a size estimate but i dont know speeds if popular mechanics source say 4 times faster than kinzhal which puts it as mach 40-48(hopefully someone remembers the joke cracked back than) to speeds of mach 10 or 20. I have no idea at all to make any comparisons so nothing further for me to say, both countries will not let me walk in with a measuring tape for their missiles and post pics about it publically.

Last edited:
HACM i cant tell if they do not show size differences like is it related to GZUR launched by a tu-160 or is HACM actually smaller than Larva-MD or at the same size? Screaming arrow gives us a size estimate
Both HACM and Screaming arrow are supposed to be carried by tactical fighter such as F-18E/F, F-35 they must be much smaller than GZUR, GZUR probably similar size with Kh-22.
HACM probably quite a bit bigger than Screaming arrow since it don't have the requirement to fit in the carrier elevator and there is no requirement to be able to fit 4 of it on an F-18E/F.
I said Larva-MD is similar to HACM and Screaming arrow as in they are all scramjet design similar to Zircon and X-51, rather than a boost glider design like ARRW or air launched ballistic missile like Kinzhal.
but i dont know speeds if popular mechanics source say 4 times faster than kinzhal which puts it as mach 40-48
Then that would be nonsense, a scramjet missile won't be faster than a Mach 10 ballistic missile. And I can't imagine anything that can be launched from fighter and can reach that speed. The fastest missile ever launched from a fighter aircraft probably the ASM-135 that reached 25,000 km/h but it can do that only because it an anti satellite missile
Realistic speed for air launched tactical size scramjet missile probably in the Mach 6-7

Last edited:
Both HACM and Screaming arrow are supposed to be carried by tactical fighter such as F-18E/F, F-35
Can they fit in the F-35(sorry if it feels like im asking a stupid question)? GZUR If I remember correctly GZUR is a scramjet missile that was estimated at 6 meters in length and 1,500kg in weight which makes it sound like it can be carried by a F-18 or F-35 but those are just guesses other than it was fired by the Tu-160.

Old source http://militaryrussia.ru/blog/topic-562.html

Performance performance of the missile : Length - 6 m ( source ) Weight - about 1500 kg ( source ) Range - 1500 km (altitude profile, source ) Maximum speed: - 12-13M (data 2013 - future "global" version of the missile) - 6M (data 2017, source ) Status :

Russia
- 2011 - the beginning of research work on the creation of a rocket. - 2013 August 28 - Russian media reported that "a hypersonic missile created by the TRV Corporation, but so far it flies only a few seconds" - so freely paraphrased the statement of the head of KTRV B. Obnosov at the MAKS-2013 air show that Russia has already created missiles that could fly at a speed of 4.5M for a few seconds.

- May 23, 2014 - the head of KTRV B. Obnosov at the exhibition "Cadex-2014" in Astana said that Russia has completed the development of a program for the creation of hypersonic technologies, the document was adopted by the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Industry and Trade of

Russia. 12 working groups have been formed for work on the subject, key areas for development have been identified. By 2020, the first sample of a hypersonic missile is expected to appear. Due to the incorrect interpretation of the words of Boris Obnosov by journalists in terms of news, information appeared about, allegedly, the name of the new hypersonic missile - "Kh-74M2". In fact, this part of the speech of the head of the KTRV related to the report on the tests of the air-to-air missile for the PAK FA aircraft. Later in 2018, some of the domestic media rearranged the figures launched into the masses allegedly the index of the aeroballistic missile "Dagger" - "X-47M2".

- 2020 May 11 - Media reports on tests with the Tu-22M3 of a new hypersonic aircraft missile that does not belong to the Line of Kh-32 missiles.

Tests of the new missile should be completed along with the tests of the updated Tu-22M3M
(source).

LM advertised the HAWC being externally carried by F-35 so I just assumed that HACM will be the same way, but I never knew Screaming arrow was another scramjet design, thanks.

EDIT: https://tass.com/defense/1154995

Russian developers of hypersonic weapons are implementing a new project. The work is being carried out within the framework of the Larchinka-MD R&D project. Today, the product is at the stage of prototyping, flight tests have not yet begun. According to reports, work on the rocket started in 2019. The lead developer is KTRV, the development of a ramjet rocket engine is being carried out by the Soyuz TMKB (Turaevskoe Machine-Building Design Bureau). It is known that the rocket will be equipped with an engine designated "item 70". The characteristics of the rocket have not yet been disclosed, it is assumed that its speed will be "above Mach 5".

As they say "News", citing military sources, the new hypersonic missile will enter the arsenal of Su-57 fighters as an anti-ship missile designed to replace the Kh-31. As follows from the publication, this is not official information; completely different options for using the new rocket are possible. At the same time, the military department confirms the development of a hypersonic ammunition for the Su-57. According to the military, the work is at the stage of ground testing and flights with mass-dimensional models.

Note that earlier it was reported about the development of another hypersonic missile for the Russian military aviation, the work is being carried out within the framework of the Gremlin ROC. The characteristics of the Gremlin are not disclosed, it is known that the missile is smaller in size than the previously developed hypersonic Dagger. The small size of the new missile will make it possible to use it not only from MiG-31 bombers and interceptors, but also from Su-57, Su-35 and Su-30SM fighters. It is assumed that the range of the missile will be up to 1,5 thousand km, and the hypersonic speed will be equal to 6 Mach.

Just realized HAWC was tested on another thread and that its 2000lbs since the drive said half weight of X-51, we know that its length is above that of the AARGM-ER and the range on it is 300 nautical miles according to what random sources are all saying like flew above 60,000ft above mach 5 and 300 nautical miles. I am assuming that gremlin is smaller than GZUR and the no shit sherlock statment of Larva being smaller than Gremlin.

Last edited: