sublight_

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Stay tuned

If its neither a mig-41 or PAKDA(obviously not for both), LMFS or Rostec's 5th gen design, or new engine/radar prototype(air to ground weapons as well) presentations than I hope KB Arsenal will save the airshow with what they disclosed as a proposal 2 days ago.

Last edited:
The question is: Will it be already a true prototype or just a mock up?

Huh, zero chance of a real prototype IMO.....I don't even expect a full mockup though I am prepared to be wrong.

The real question is does this have Russian MOD funding or has Rostec assured state backup, without either I don't see this going too far.

Yeah.. looking forward for 20th.

BTW the Indian patch looks interesting XD.

Wrong heraldry for an IAF squadron badge, that would have the 3 lion Ashoka symbol, not the Crown, which implies a Commonwealth country.

Argentina?!
Yes, as one of potential customers.

Gonna have to be cheap then, considering the state of the Argentine economy - inflation hit 48.8% in May.
It'll be cheap or it's failed right from the start. That's why i sincerely hope it will be a true conceptual successor of the great MiG-21...finally. A single-izd.30 Frontline Fighter Jet.

"In Russia, work is underway to create a new platform for operational tactical aviation, after which a new light front-line fighter should appear. This information was commented by Victor Murakhovsky, editor-in-chief of the Arsenal of the Fatherland magazine. 66-year-old reserve colonel, member of the Expert Council of the board of the Military-Industrial Commission of the Russian Federation, expert of the Russian Council on Foreign Affairs and the Izborsk Club RIA News "that in his opinion this fighter should become single-engine and be located in the export niche between the MiG-35 and Yak-130 to enhance competition in the world market."
"At the same time, at the end of 2019, the United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) informed the agency that a new export version of the MiG-35 fighter with an updated cockpit was being created. The export version will have a different glider geometry and an updated version of the airborne radar equipment. At the same time, the MiG corporation placed an order worth 4 million rubles on the “aerodynamic calculation of a light multi-functional front-line twin-engine aircraft” on the government procurement portal. Implementation of the project is scheduled for the period 2020-2025." Written April 16, 2020

According to the article, the options could be:
1. Front-line single engine fighter between a MiG-35 and Yak-130 for export
2. UAC export and upgraded version of the MiG-35
3. MiG light multi-functional front-line twin-engine aircraft (least likely if implemented just last year)

Just food for thought. We'll all know next week.

Last edited:
"In Russia, work is underway to create a new platform for operational tactical aviation, after which a new light front-line fighter should appear. This information was commented by Victor Murakhovsky, editor-in-chief of the Arsenal of the Fatherland magazine. 66-year-old reserve colonel, member of the Expert Council of the board of the Military-Industrial Commission of the Russian Federation, expert of the Russian Council on Foreign Affairs and the Izborsk Club RIA News "that in his opinion this fighter should become single-engine and be located in the export niche between the MiG-35 and Yak-130 to enhance competition in the world market."
"At the same time, at the end of 2019, the United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) informed the agency that a new export version of the MiG-35 fighter with an updated cockpit was being created. The export version will have a different glider geometry and an updated version of the airborne radar equipment. At the same time, the MiG corporation placed an order worth 4 million rubles on the “aerodynamic calculation of a light multi-functional front-line twin-engine aircraft” on the government procurement portal. Implementation of the project is scheduled for the period 2020-2025." Written April 16, 2020

According to the article, the options could be:
1. Front-line single engine fighter between a MiG-35 and Yak-130 for export
2. UAC export and upgraded version of the MiG-35
3. MiG light multi-functional front-line twin-engine aircraft (least likely if implemented just last year)

Just food for thought. We'll all know next week.

I hope that it is a twin engined light fighter, sort of a MiG-29 for the fifth generation.

So, judging by the MAKS exposition scheme, this is Sukhoi's baby. "Sukhoi LTS" — Sukhoi' Light Tactical Airplane.

Well, now i'm 99,9% sure it is a single-izd.30 fighter plane. Very affordable and pretty capable to kick some ****.

Damn, i still cannot believe it — my favorite fighter-jet of all time has reincarnated! At last!

Damn they are being bold with that advertisement. Trying to show the world's fighter pilots looking in amazement of the machine. Sukhoi better live up the hype. Damn I know it is messed up but I want to see the fighter race come alive again. Let's see NGAD and our new light fighter project leap ahead of the competition! Still I have a soft spot for ruskies and their equipment. Hope they make a great little fighter.

If nothing else MAKS will be the big show this summer.

Has anyone even noticed Farnborough is happening (virtually) right now?!
Technically its not a Farnborough Show as the delayed show from last year has been cancelled. Instead we have FIA Connect, a digital trade event which sounds like death by Zoom and PowerPoint without any excitement at all.
Anything that proclaims "insight driven events" probably means a self-congratulatory spiel snooze fest.

I must confess some excitement too, I know it will look 95% like every other boring F-35-esque 5th Gen but having four or five new fighter programmes around the world feels a bit like the early 1990s all over again.

Anything that proclaims "insight driven events" probably means a self-congratulatory spiel snooze fest.

"In a keynote opening the event, Secretary of State for Business Kwasi Kwarteng promised to make the UK the world’s leading hub for green aviation research and investment.

Tomorrow’s busy agenda features a session on returning to the skies, featuring IATA’s Willie Walsh, a panel on future propulsion, with representatives from the big engine companies, and a chief technology officer roundtable looking at sustainability.

Also appearing on that first session is Nino Judge, founder and chief executive of start-up airline Flypop, who has been telling us about his “unique” business model for connecting the UK’s “Indian diaspora” with secondary cities in that country. "

Argentina?!
Yes, as one of potential customers.

Gonna have to be cheap then, considering the state of the Argentine economy - inflation hit 48.8% in May.
If other countries partner up with russia on this, i could see argentina considering 12 units, but im skeptical about it (although the fighter jet purchase is being considered/delayed/considered again...we'll see).

So technically speaking this aircraft is like their proposed aircraft carriers and Lider class destroyers?

So technically speaking this aircraft is like their proposed aircraft carriers and Lider class destroyers?

I wouldn't say so, a lot of nations might be eyeballing this new aircraft (not that much for the carriers), for actual need of a modern fighter with some stealth capability?, although it they don't get partners for it...yeah, its going to be that, just a proposal.

If it is a single engine design its going to be an interesting change, maybe a more affordable option when compared to the SU-27 series and Mig-29?, aircraft that are on the Expensive side when it comes to its maintenance and operation, but we'll have to see.