Submarine news, analysis and projects

covert_shores

Research + illustration
Reaction score
Website
www.hisutton.com
Ahoi shipwrecks,

Starting a general thread on submarine news, analysis and projects which fall outside the scope of the Secret Projects Naval section, even if they do have an air of secrecy and mystery to them.

In recent news Russia launched the fourth Borei class SSBN. This is the first Project 0955A borei-II (or borei-A). Count (or prince) Vladimir.

My analysis. http://www.hisutton.com/Borei-A.html Attached is a schematic I've quickly done. We haven't seen the front end of the boat yet but previous borei reused Akula attack subs bow sections, and although the new boat will be a fresh build and updated, it cannot be too different.

Overall the new boat seems more westernized in design terms,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 179

aonestudio

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score

publiusr

The Anti-Proxmire
Reaction score
Even though its missiles were aimed at my cities...I will miss the Typhoons...at least it didn't look like Quasimodo like the other Soviet Boomers.

TMA1

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
For all the changes from borei to borei a it looks like the pressure hull is very similar. Are these based upon actual open source data? I know Sutton is good at his work.

aonestudio

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
The construction of Taiwan’s first indigenous submarine reached a new phase Tuesday (Nov. 16) with an official “keel laying” ceremony.

While submarines do not have a keel, the term, which is common in shipbuilding, was used to denote the completion of a connection between the tower-like structure at the top of the submarine with the hull, website Newtalk reported. Pressure tests were also included in the current phase of the construction, according to the report.