Stratosphere Models TOOLING for SALE !! KITS TOOLING AND MOLDS.

Desert Dawn

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
www.picturetrail.com
This is a never before seen event. I am putting 2 Stratosphere Models sets of model kit toolings for sale to anyone in the general public or to model kit companies (for making either resin kits or injected model kits).

These are toolings for kits that were at a fairly advanced stage of design but that i won't have time to complete because i have other things to finish. I have way too many toolings for many new kits that i have yet to complete, i have boxes of them at home that go back as far as 10 years ago.

This is your chance to obtain Stratosphere Models tooling, something that you're not going to see often or any time soon again. These master parts can be used to make an injected kit that can bring you tens of thousands of dollars for an acquisition price only a fraction of what you will earn with them if you do your marketing job right. You may also use the fast road and simply use them for the making great resin model kits or desk models that can bring you a good income as well if you do your job right. No matter how you do it the potential is there.

Think about this: None of these have ever been released as injected model kits ! (And they were never properly nor accurately done as resin kits, and only one of them was released as a Very expensive desk model before costing over thousand dollars, in a very limited manner). And both of them are very significant aicraft and spacerafts. So this is your chance !!Here's the list of models and toolings offered for sale:

The Mikoyan and Gurevich MIG 105-11 and MIG 105-13 Spiral space interceptor and reconnaissance spacecraft, 1/48th scale. Built and tested in the 1970's prior to the flight of the Russian Buran space shuttle, the MIG-105-11 was the air dropped full scale prototype that tested for the future Russian combat spaceplane Spiral. It was actually made of the same special high temperature metals as the space rated vehicle would have been: columbium and other high temp. metals. While the USAF -20 Dyna-Soar and Lockheed FDL-5 combat spacecrafts and reconnaissance projects of the 1960's and early 70's were cancelled and never completed, the Russians did have an elaborate series of combat spacecraft and combat space station projects that WERE BUILD (!!).

I am selling the tooling for both versions. The Mig-105-11 (flight tested) have a more elongated tear dropped shaped canopy, while the Mig-105-11 space interceptor version have a more oval canopy. The 105-11 (flown) is the one that is more complete. You get both the top and lower fuselage, turbojet inlet fairing parts and rear fuselage bulkhead. The wings and fin are not complete, just the basic shape, but easy to complete. No landing gear or other details, you will need to complete those and to add details, but there is plenty of reference material out there, and i can help you with it.

So you get an about 80% complete set of tooling parts for the flown MIG-105-11 Spiral, and the top fuselage part for the MIG-105-13 Space Interceptor (since the lower fuselage half if the same for both and the wings and other parts are roughly the same with only fairly minimal differences, so you get TWO sets of toolings that are about 80% complete FOR THE PRICE OF ONE !!!!! You will also get the fiberglass molds for the 105-13 that were used to make the master parts.

I also have the set of exact dimensions that were taken for me directly on the terrain on the actual aircraft.
These were never been made as an injected kit !! So injected model kit companies, desk model and resin kit companies out there, here is you chance ! This i will make a nice model.

PB295385.jpg

PB295388.jpg

PB295389.jpg

PB295390.jpg

PB295391.jpg

PB295392.jpg

PB295394.jpg

PB295395.jpg

PB295398.jpg

PB295399.jpg

The 2nd one is the tooling for the CLV Crew Launch Vehicle rocket launcher for the Orion spacecraft from the Constellation Nasa project that was to put men back on the Moon just recently. 1/144th scale.

This is a very neat little model, i like it very much and i really wish i had time to finish it myself ! I spent a lot of time and care making very nice and smooth master parts that were turned by hand on the lathe. This is a slightly earlier versions of CLV Crew Launch Vehicle of Nasa's project Constellation (the version that would have launched the Orion 606-C, when it was still the latest reference spacecraft that would have accomplished the lunar mission)(I say slightly earlier because the mission's been changed to just a test flight of the capsule, and a possible mission to the ISS, but no Moon mission anymore, so there is a lot more dream in the Moon mission than on what we will get now. The Moon mission version is more exciting). You will need to build the second stage and to add details to many of the parts supplied but the basic parts for the first stage and for the CEV ORION are there. The skirt for the SRB engine is about 95% complete. I can supply you with reference material to complete them (i've got tons of them which i collected during the program).

The lot also include several additional spare Command Module and Service Module tooling parts and castings as well as silicone mold for an earlier version of another model kit of the CEV (Crew Exploration Vehicle), also 1/144th scale. So here again in this package you get the toolings of 2 kits for the price of one !!

More photos are coming.

Companies and individuals seriously interested please contact me at the email adress below.

Stephane
Stratosphere Models
Email: stratospheremodels@yahoo.fr

Here are the tooling parts for the CLV (Crew Launch Vehicle) from Nasa, as well as for the CEV kit (early Northrop Grumman version) and for the later Lockheed version of the CM capsule:

PC025403.jpg

PC025402.jpg

PC025404.jpg

PC025401.jpg

P1015407.jpg

Companies and individuals seriously interested please contact me at the email adress below.

Stephane
Stratosphere Models
Email: stratospheremodels@yahoo.fr

Back
Top Bottom