Strange tank models / Prototype

Michel Van

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
some picture about Sherman Tanks
first
T1E3M1 “Aunt Jemima”. Designed for mine clearance.

second two (look more like "Pimp My tank" ::) )
T10 Sherman M4A2.
was that also for mine clearance, or was is this prototype ?

Found here
http://thenewsforall.com/bigcrazygun/

Attachments

• T1E3M1 Aunt Jemima.jpg
    T1E3M1 Aunt Jemima.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,107
  • T10 Sherman M4A2_01.jpg
    T10 Sherman M4A2_01.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,078
  • T10 Sherman M4A2_02.jpg
    T10 Sherman M4A2_02.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,053
Bottom two are the T1E3M1, Mine Exploder device, IIRC.

According to Hunnicutt's 'Sherman', the bottom two are the 'Mine Exploder T10'.

cheers,
Robin.

I wonder if worldoftanks.com the game would allow a re skin of the sherman in the game to reflect the t-10. It would be great to run over small panzers with it.

thumbs_emok-picdump-23eqnf.jpg

please tell me that is a movie prop and not a real prototype :eek:
if this is a REAL prototype , what to hell were the engineer smoking ?!

Megatron tank
Not really a movie prop, just a big What-If built by a Chinese.

Presumably CG.

Apart from looking syfy-ridiculous, it's also kind of a waste of resources. It's a massive set of treads with a lot of armor to transport surprisingly little weaponry. Yes, that's a formidible-looking 4-barreled gun, but if you look at the muzzles, the caliber is real small... maybe .50. There are machine guns along the sides, but as they are next to th treads and only a foot or two off the ground they can be safely discounted as being effective the moment this thing approaches sand or mud or dirt.

So in the end, were someone to built this thing they'd have a fuel-inefficient (those treads would be a bear to spin around) mobile bullet trap that could not go on roads or bridges with minimal offensive capability.

Yay, CGI.

Could still be useful, as I saw something like that several times on the rubbish dump,
not tracked, but wheeled. And the "guns" ? Maybe just spray nozzles to dam back the dust ? ;)

Attachments

• muellverdichter.jpg
    muellverdichter.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 610
It could be used as an "urban warfare" tank to oppress, scare the hell out of an oppressed and/or angry population. Imagine how demoralized the rioters/protesters would be when they see a full on shark toothed tank Rollin' down Main Street. Is that a car rim stuck in between the treads?

Orionblamblam said:
Presumably CG.

Apart from looking syfy-ridiculous, it's also kind of a waste of resources. It's a massive set of treads with a lot of armor to transport surprisingly little weaponry. Yes, that's a formidible-looking 4-barreled gun, but if you look at the muzzles, the caliber is real small... maybe .50. There are machine guns along the sides, but as they are next to th treads and only a foot or two off the ground they can be safely discounted as being effective the moment this thing approaches sand or mud or dirt.

So in the end, were someone to built this thing they'd have a fuel-inefficient (those treads would be a bear to spin around) mobile bullet trap that could not go on roads or bridges with minimal offensive capability.

Yay, CGI.

Nope is not CGI
thanks of fightingirish tip i google-fu and found this
http://www.slashgear.com/diy-transformers-2-megatron-tank-is-utterly-crazy-22135179/
it a real sculpture build from parts of Bulldozer and pieces of steel leftovers by a artist called “Steel Legend”
Original source in Chinese (FIVE page with picture)
http://www.zcool.com.cn/work/ZNTYzODU2.html

kcran567 said:
Imagine how demoralized the rioters/protesters would be when they see a full on shark toothed tank Rollin' down Main Street.

Depends on the rioters/protestors. Occupy Wall Streeters? Sure. *Serious* demonstrators? "Here, have a Molotov Cocktail."

I suspect a thing like this would be a bear to maneuver. All those teeth would bite into the ground, and make it difficult to turn.

I fully agree, no practical value. It does have a strange and humorous movie prop look to it that the coffee shop hemp wearing protesters would find frightening.

kcran567 said:
It could be used as an "urban warfare" tank to oppress, scare the hell out of an oppressed and/or angry population. Imagine how demoralized the rioters/protesters would be when they see a full on shark toothed tank Rollin' down Main Street. Is that a car rim stuck in between the treads?
1297323062291_ORIGINAL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This is essentially identical to what Teledyne made to promote their LPT as a "low-cost upgrade" for older tank fleets:

cf7c9ru1rx851.jpg

centurion-chassis-with-low-profile-turret-v0-a9mbjcz4duja1.jpg

TCM gave it a AVDS-1790 as well, or they had another Centurion hull that received it, because there's a prototype on the old TCM grounds that has the 1790's exhaust. No applique armor but it would probably be able to accept Blazer or something. Naturally the problem here is that, like all "tank modernizations", it's generally cheaper to buy a new vehicle than upgrade an old one in a fairly deep manner like this, even if you're keeping the old turret. I suppose that was the lesson everyone learned from the Ramses II and various Type 59/79 kits.

But mostly it's funny because I think the artist was using the Centurion as an inspiration for his futuristic tank hull. He was almost right.