Soviet SLBM launch chronologies--do these exist? Where?

greenmartian2017

The Shadow knows what lurks in the hearts of men
Reaction score
I am not certain where this question should go, but I am posting it here.

I have been attempting to locate complete, or decently complete, launch chronologies of Soviet SLBM systems. For example, one that I am interested in is the SS-N-18 "Stingray" (NATO codename) that apparently had at least one (and perhaps a few) initial launches in 1975, and its first submarine launch test in November 1976.

If anyone knows where perchance a decent website that might have such chronologies for Soviet SLBM tests, please let me know.

(Yes, I am aware of the CIA's electronic reading room, and there is some of this data for later SLBM developments in listing form (an excellent example is the SS-N-X20). But I have not seen any declassified documents that contain such chronologies for earlier Soviet SLBM efforts at that Website, including those of the SS-N-8, and SS-N-18.)

Your comments welcomed.

Try this site. I’ve not visited for awhile but IIRC they chronicle launch dates.

Thanks, Bobbymike. This is better than what I had in hand. I am still continuing to search for some sort of report or document that might have more details.

Back
Top Bottom