Soviet AT-T trenching vehicle video?????

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
Hello gents

I am looking for video/film footage of the Soviet AT-T trenching vehicle in operation?
I have always been envious of this vehicles capability (especially after digging so many trenches and pits as an Assault Pioneer – more usually than not by bloody hand!!!!!!!!!)

Also is there any forum members that have operational experience either operating or in support with the AT-T?

I wonder why the West has never designed or fielded something similar?.

Regards
Pioneer

Pioneer said:
Soviet AT-T trenching vehicle in operation?

Actually, they are *based* on AT-T, first that comes to mind is BTT-3...are you talking of it?

Attachments

• btm3.jpg
    btm3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 18
When I read "AT-T" and "trenching vehicle" I at first thought of this.....

Attachments

• atat.jpg
    atat.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 7
Just call me Ray said:
When I read "AT-T" and "trenching vehicle" I at first thought of this.....

These are crap comparing to BTM-3 =) Easy targets.

Attachments

• Btm_3.jpg
    Btm_3.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 18
  • btm3_1.jpg
    btm3_1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 14
  • btm3_2.jpg
    btm3_2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 9
  • btm31.gif
    btm31.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 120
  • btm3.gif
    btm3.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 14
flateric said:
Pioneer said:
Soviet AT-T trenching vehicle in operation?

Actually, they are *based* on AT-T, first that comes to mind is BTT-3...are you talking of it?

This is the vehicle I am after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My designation of the vehicle looks wrong?
So its known as the BTM-3
Beats digging by hand with an ET (Entrenching Tool)

Keep them coming please – any footage gents?

Regards
Pioneer

Pioneer, so far no to my sorrow...

Pioneer said:
I wonder why the West has never designed or fielded something similar?.

They have. Its called the BTT-3! ;D

In the 1990-1 Gulf War, the US/Coalition forces took delivery of a large number of these vehicles from Czechoslovakia and used them in the defensive phase of that war.

However, perhaps the real reason why "the West" has never developed such vehicles is because you need a defensive frame of mind to see the requirement. Its ironic that NATO never saw the need for them, despite being a defensive alliance whereas the Warsaw Pact, which was supposed an offensive alliance (well, at least according to the Hawks in the West) did. Which suggests something of a disconnection between perceptions and reality in certain circles in the West IMHO.

While the BTT-3 actually intended more for the building of defensive barriers (anti-tank ditches) rather than the entrenching of troops, having dug my share of defensive field works over the years and nearly all by hand too, I can appreciate your viewpoint a bit Pioneer! ;)

I hear you my friend!
I have always preferred dems to digging!
Although trying to find the dirt to put back into the hole can be hard – when it’s spread over a grid square

Regards
Pioneer