Solar Warden - SDI project

RavenOne

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
was around the in laws the other say and on the History channel, there was documentary about ufo and space weapons - one topic was supposedly Solar Warden project which was classified TS and above, under Reagans SDI proposal.....large orbital cylindrical spacecraft with high energy lasers....without delving into the what ifs and various conspiracy theories abound .....

Anyone heard of this ?

Cheers

I vaguely recall hearing about "Solar Warden." In the context I heard it, it was the worst form of utter bilge. Some nonsense about space based weapons systems and a manned "space fleet" using reverse-engineered alien technology to protect the Earth from alien invaders. Ranked right up there with Nazi flying saucers.

Not to say that "Solar Warden" might not have been an actual project, whose name and description had been hijacked by nutjobs...

The etymology of the "solar warden" bullshat began on the Open Minds Forum in early 2006:

All space programs are a cover that exists to deceive the people of this world. We have a space fleet, which is codenamed ”Solar Warden.” There were, as of 2005, eight ships, an equivalent to aircraft carriers and forty-three “protectors,” which are space planes. One was lost recently to an accident in Mars' orbit while it was attempting to re-supply the multinational colony within Mars. This base was established in 1964 by American and Soviet teamwork.

There may have been an actual "solar warden" project at some point but these idiots decided to really blow out the signal to noise ratio....
Additionally, if you dig through this you will see a lot of references to "solar warden" freedom of information act requests. None of them have come back with a hit...

I feel bad, the thing that instantly came to mind for me was the Solar Ray from Mobile Suit Gundam...

RavenOne said:
was around the in laws the other say and on the History channel, there was documentary about ufo and space weapons - one topic was supposedly Solar Warden project which was classified TS and above, under Reagans SDI proposal.....large orbital cylindrical spacecraft with high energy lasers....without delving into the what ifs and various conspiracy theories abound .....

Anyone heard of this ?

Cheers

SOLAR was not an SDI cryptonym.

I was watching some TV programme yesterday - something like 'Tinfoil Hat Files' or something - and apparently Gary McKinnon was arrested for finding out about this when he hacked the DoD. 43 small triangular ships and 8 large 'cigar-shaped' ships two football fields long. Seems utterly ridiculous since they'd need a Clingon cloaking device to remain unseen.

Last edited:
I think we would have to be stupid to think none of this is real....
Why would Reagan say the stuff he did and we all know they keep everything from us and if you don't shut up it does seem they get rid of you somehow either by it looking an accident or you just do not return sometimes.
there seems to be far to many cover ups gone on.
But everyone can have an opinion..........

Why would Reagan say the stuff he did
Which stuff exactly?
If you're referring to this...
In 1980 when Reagan took over and found out about the aliens, he started throwing a ton of money at the program. We built these giant spaceships, even some that are 2 kilometers long, a bunch of cruisers, and a bunch of little triangle ships (TR-3B looking things). All of these are operated by the USN too.

In summary, this is completely nuts, and you’d be insane to think any of this is real. But I love stuff like this, so I’ll end up going down the rabbit hole anyways…
... you possibly missed the part in red. Welcome to the rabbit hole.

Zenith Star? Solar Warden isn't one I have heard but the description sounds like Zenith Star. A mockup was used in the background of a speech by Reagan here:

Solar Warden was something entirely different based on descriptions.

Solar Warden was something entirely different based on descriptions.
Yeah, when I searched it all I got was a weird wiki article on "space fighter carriers" to fight aliens that sounded like something out of Gerry Anderson's "UFO" show. The description of a large cylindrical laser satellite by the OP does match Zenith Star though. I think he is mixing up the names.
laserstation.jpg

Yeah, when I searched it all I got was a weird wiki article on "space fighter carriers" to fight aliens that sounded like something out of Gerry Anderson's "UFO" show. The description of a large cylindrical laser satellite by the OP does match Zenith Star though. I think he is mixing up the names.
laserstation.jpg
NSIAD-89-118 Strategic Defense Initiative Program: Zenith Star Space-Based Chemical Laser Experiment

Image Source: STRATEGIC DEFENSE INITIATIVE PROGRAM - Zenith Star Space-Based Chemical Laser Experiment - GAO Report, April 1989

Zenith Star was an important proof-of-concept; At the same time they were also testing particle beam weapons via the BEAR (Beam Experiments Aboard a Rocket), which was successfully launched and tested in space around the same time.

All subsequent developments have been highly classified, but in 2021 the Pentagon all but admitted they have operational space based weapons - see following article:

Exclusive: Pentagon Poised To Unveil, Demonstrate Classified Space Weapon.​

Breaking Defense, 20 August 2021.

Attachments

• Figure 1.1 - Zenith Star Forward and Aft Spacecraft - Zenith Star GAO Report c. 1989 .png
    Figure 1.1 - Zenith Star Forward and Aft Spacecraft - Zenith Star GAO Report c. 1989 .png
    397.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Figure 2.1 - lllustratlon of the Alpha Laser - GAO Report c. 1989.png
    Figure 2.1 - lllustratlon of the Alpha Laser - GAO Report c. 1989.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Figure 2.2 - Illustration of the Beam Control Brassboard .png
    Figure 2.2 - Illustration of the Beam Control Brassboard .png
    287.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Figure 2.3 - Illustration of the Primary Mirror .png
    Figure 2.3 - Illustration of the Primary Mirror .png
    260.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Figure 3.1 - Possible Role of SBCL in Phased Deployment .png
    Figure 3.1 - Possible Role of SBCL in Phased Deployment .png
    248.2 KB · Views: 13
I don't think it is exactly that---you need SLS/Starship for that monster

Now, lasers may play a role... remember the March 18, 2019 issue of NATURE PHOTONICS where Caltech's Harry Atwater was able to levitate objects with light.

To talk about scissors again---perhaps there is now a way to pantograph things over and across

A lightweight object in the path of a sat may need no plume...and just be an also-ran debris strike.