• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Smaller capacity and lighter ship-based Sea Sparrow/Aspide SAM launchers???

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
G'day all

I'm in search of smaller (size and capacity) and lighter ship-based Sea Sparrow/Aspide SAM launchers than that of the more common Mk25 and Mk29 8-cell box launchers.
I know of the smaller 4-cell Selenia Aspide SAM launcher, as found on the Ecuadorian Esmeraldas-class and Malaysian Laksamana Hang Nadim-class corvette's, but I don't know it's official title/designation?
I'd also appreciate any other smaller/lighter ship-based Sea Sparrow/Aspide SAM launchers derivatives that you might know of out there.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Pioneer

Attachments

Last edited:

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
Well, there's the Mk 48 VLS. It's usually deployed with 8 cells, but it looks like they're individual canisters.

Thanks for your reply Hobbes, but I'm after something more in the 1970's time frame. In fact after a little more research and assistance from GTX , I can now say I'm after information on the Selenia (Alenia) Albatros shipboard SAM system - 'The Albatros system is available in three versions of launchers (four, six and eight-cell)[/i]', and these four and six-cell are the launchers and their technical designations I'm sorting.

Regards
Pioneer

Last edited: