- 27 December 2005
- Reaction score
People do not ignore posts, they get stung and they defend themselves. Many do not stop and think to report a post - especially when moderation is as lax and haphazard as it is here.
- I'd appreciate if you explain "lax" and "haphazard". Every "report" generates a ticket which means a moderator will look into it. Sometimes it may sit for some hours until a moderator is free. Occasionally a tricky report may sit a day or two while actions are considered. Nevertheless all posts reported are dealt with by someone, then the ticket is closed.
- Moderators don't read all pages of every topic where a post is reported. The report ticket links to a single post. Therefore every post you feel is needing moderation (not just one post in a topic) should be reported in case the moderator misses it.
- If the moderator doesn't agree with your assessment of the post, you may not get the outcome you wanted. That's life I'm afraid, we all have different opinions. If you feel a moderator isn't following the rules, then say so.
- If you think the moderator is wrong, you can always message me as the forum owner. I won't necessarily override the outcome from the moderator, but I might do.
- If I was the moderator at fault, you could ask @Jemiba or @flateric for a second opinion.