Sikorsky vintage helicopter concept prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triton

Donald McKelvy
Reaction score
Website
deeptowild.blogspot.com
Prints of Sikorsky helicopters concepts found on eBay.

Source:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-set-of-Sikorsky-Futuristic-Helicopter-prints-Extremely-rare-/122662889179?hash=item1c8f4726db:g:FMAAAOSwGNdZnEUN

These are original art prints of three different Sikorsky proposed designs that never made it to production. They are probably late 1960's or early 1970's vintage. The prints are of paintings created by Sikorsky engineer/designer/artist Andrew (Andy) Whyte. The first is of a helicopter airliner titled "ABC Helicopter" (for Advancing Blade Concept) The ABC rotor system was demonstrated in the model S-69 ABC prototypes (2 made), the record-breaking X2 (1 made) and the current prototype S-97 Raider helicopter. The next is titled "Heavy Lift Helicopter". I suspect it is of the S-73 model proposed for the Army HLH competition, but never built. The last is titled "S-65 Compound Helicopter". Since S-65 is the model number of the H-53 series, I suspect this airliner version with tractor propellers was based on that series' power train. The prints are only in fair condition: the borders exhibit yellowed paper, foxing/staining is evident in the borders as is some wrinkling. Unfortunately, the photographs do not depict the fair condition very well. These prints are exceedingly rare. The prints measure 17" wide by 14" tall with an image size of 12" by 9". Shipped rolled. Sorry, no returns on this item: sold as is!

Auction ended

Attachments

• ABC Helicopter concept.jpg
    ABC Helicopter concept.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 136
  • HLHconcept.jpg
    HLHconcept.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 131
  • S-65compound.jpg
    S-65compound.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 132
Orionblamblam said:
I'm bidding on this...

What ?,my dear Scott,in Sikorsky archive all those Projects and more with colors in PDFs
also and some additions Infos,and I sent most of them before,if you want a direct link or
the files itself,please tell me and I will send them to you.

Yes Please!
[/quote]

What ?,my dear Scott,in Sikorsky archive all those Projects and more with colors in PDFs
also and some additions Infos,and I sent most of them before,if you want a direct link or
the files itself,please tell me and I will send them to you.
[/quote]

I bought this one from a different EPay post - interesting and rather nice artwork.

Scott, did you "win" the three offered here? Would be interested in the other two images....

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Attachments

• zSikorsky ABC Helicopter Artwork.jpg
    zSikorsky ABC Helicopter Artwork.jpg
    682.1 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.