Seeking WW2 Dornier logo

Flitzer

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi again
many thanks for help previously.
One logo I still don't have is Dornier's.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P :)

I don't know the history of Dornier and it's logo. But it might be this?
Link: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/5/5b/DornierLogo.svg
On the other hand, I have a book about Germany's aircraft manufactures until 1945.
Source: Pionierleistungen der deutschen Luftfahrtindustrie (Hardcover) - Hardcover (2006) by Helmut Trunz
In the chapter about Claude Dornier, there is no logo, just his signature. His name was presumably his 'brand mark'.
If you want it , I can scan the signature and send it to you via PM/E-mail tomorrow.

Many thanks to both of you.

Just what I needed.

P :)

Just when I thought I had all I needed....

Can anyone point me in the direction of a Lippisch logo please?

Many thanks.
Peter ;D

:mad: Flitzer, unfortunately the book doesn't have a Lippisch logo.
In case you ask again, here a list of the featured logos and signatures. :)
Logos:
  • Junkers
  • Messerschmitt AG
  • Focke-Wulf
  • Arado
  • Blohm & Voss
  • Bücker
  • Gotha
  • Henschel
  • Klemm
  • Siebel Flugzeugwerke Halle GmbH
  • Lufthansa
Signatures:

Flitzer, are you quite sure there ever was such a thing as a Lippisch logo? I don't think I ever saw one.

Stargazer2006 said:
Flitzer, are you quite sure there ever was such a thing as a Lippisch logo? I don't think I ever saw one.

That was my feeling too, but as there are experts much more wise and sage than I on site, I thought it worth asking the question just in case there was/is.

;) P

Many thanks Fighting Irish, for taking the time to check. Much appreciated.

Besides, Lippisch never was a company per se. He worked for many companies but not his own (except perhaps late in his career, with the X-112 to X-114 types?).

The X-113 and 114 were developed by the Lippisch Research Company, but built by the
RFB (Rhein Flugzeugbau) and are mostly reffered to as "RFB", I think.
The only types, that really carried his name probably were those early gliders, like the
Lippisch-Espenlaub E2.

Just as an aside, if anyone has not seen this page, the Iowa State University has a bunch of photographs of various Lippisch designs both pics of those that were built along with sketches of 'paper planes'