Secret Projects Donations - Opinions wanted!

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Due to a favourable hosting deal, we don't really need much money to cover ongoing costs for the forum. The "Donate" button on the forum has been broken for 6 months or more, so donations have been minimal anyway. However, the funds are low right now.

I've had an idea. Mark Nankivil has been tirelessly posting stuff on the forum, it would be great to buy him a present. There's a print on Ebay currently of a Vought design he doesn't have for $20 USD + postage - wouldn't it be nice to buy it for him?

It could potentially become an ongoing thing. As postage to New Zealand can be expensive and sometimes unavailable, it would often be better to give the money to someone in the same country as the photo/print so they can buy it. The only condition would be the recipient scans it and posts it for everyone to share.

Thoughts?

Stargazer2006

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Sounds sweet. However I no longer have a PayPal account and wouldn't know how to contribute...

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score

GeorgeA

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I'm in too if you need someone here (US) to handle it.

Sundog

Reaction score
I'm in, and I would definitely add BillRo to the list as well, and many others whose names I'm forgetting. Who posted most of the Vought info we received about a year ago?

Deino

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Me two ... ! ... or three ! uppss too ! ;D

Deino

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Until I get the website button fixed you can use this link to donate:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=RUCTVMYPSNV6Y

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to the three donators so far. You are 3 of the biggest supporters of the forum historically, which is much appreciated.

I've got to change DNS hosting as secretprojects.co.uk is getting more than 2 million DNS lookups a month, which is causing me penalty fees as my current host allows only 1 million DNS lookups a month and charges when you exceed that.

I've found a new provider who offer 5 million lookups a month for the same annual fee. Will transfer over after some testing.

Deino

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Just done that minute ! ;)

Matej

Multiuniversal creator
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechweb.genezis.eu
I am not a PayPal user, so when I pay with credit card, can I change currency to Euro somehow? Last time I paid in US dollars I paid € 10 fee!

circle-5

Top Contributor
Reaction score
"Donate" button doesn't work for me today (though it worked in the past). Maybe it's worn out from too much use. I will keep clicking on it incessantly until something happens. Click, click, click...