Satellite technology which helps scientists observe the land

bearnard97

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Desertification is a type of degradation of land in which the land becomes more arid. Desertification is a direct result of global warming, and approximately 12 million hectares of productive land becomes barren due to desertification annually. Remote sensing technology can be used to measure the extent of desertification. Could you ever thought that in order to fix that stuff scientists start to use satellite technology which helps scientists observe the land?

Landsat

Spot

And many, many others.
Observing Global Desertification with the Assistance of Space Technology is a very useful method how to keep an eye on desertification, and droughts. This is a vital important system that defines all the mechanisms involved in the process of desertification. The sheer volume of information produced regarding both local and global data allows researchers and scientists to analyse the impact of land degradation and to quantify regression and stabilisation trends over extended periods of time.

Such environmental satellites should be equipped with powerful imagers to let scientists observe the land so detailed, right? I know one South African company that produced satellite imagers that can be used for such purposes. It's Dragonfly Aerospace. Guys, visit the company's website to get acquainted with the technologies they use and, please, tell me, can their imagers be used for observing the land?
Actually, I`ve read something about this company before and the microsatellites it manufactures are also used for land observation. Also, I remember that it makes satellites that can observe agricultural ares.