• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Satellite Reentry Fireball Swarms -- Widely Misperceived by Startled Witnesses

Nik

ACCESS: Secret
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
411
Reaction score
35
Well called...

I reckon most naive observers wouldn't recognise a 'real' UFO unless 'cow-beamed'...
;)
Tangential, a famous / infamous team of TV 'ghost hunters' ('Most Haunted' ??) did a real-spooky episode on a famous medieval property near where I used to work. They breathlessly logged all sorts of subtle anomalies. The one thing they did not mention was the site backed on to a busy regional airport catering to package holidays, spoke/hub links and nocturnal maintenance. Yeah, verily, they edited out every last hint of lights, radar and big jet engines...

Also, within catchment area, there was a much acclaimed 'Human Spontaneous Combustion' event, when an unfortunate catering student burst into flames on steps of her college, died of her injuries and 'complications'.

But like (fictional) Holmes' "Dog That Barked In Night", this now near-legendary, oft-retold tale usually overlooks one singular factor:
The fire burned inwards. It was the student's kitchen-coat that caught alight, not her body.

But kitchen-coats are fire retardant...

So, what gives ?
As some of our apprentices and day-release students attended same college, we got to see the totally damning HSE safety report.
Distribution restricted due to compassion for the cruelly bereft family...

She would not wear 'proper' kitchen coat, fabric felt 'wrong'. Instead, she bought standard 'whites', which were not fire-retardant.
She would not walk waaay across college kitchen to light a spill at 'flame' to light her gas-range. Instead, she had a box of matches in her pocket.
She would not bother juggling box of 'safety' matches, she preferred the traditional 'strike anywhere' type.
She would not stand clear of lit ranges, she slouched against them, collecting scorch-marks and warnings...

And, here it comes:
On the terrible day in question, she managed to scorch that pocket's match-box unto smouldering.
Which 'went large' as she trotted down exit stairs.
Aware that this would be last straw for the college, who'd expel her due multiple safety infractions, she had hysterics.
Forgetting fire safety training to 'stop & drop, wrap & roll', she ran in flaming circles, confounding initial attempts to assist her.
Game over.

Now, such expiration would be brutally tagged as a 'Darwin Award'.
Then it was kindly attributed to 'Accidental Death'...
 

AGS-1787

ACCESS: Restricted
Joined
Sep 4, 2020
Messages
31
Reaction score
25
Hi I saw something like that when I was a kid and even then I thought it was just an asteroid breaking into pieces, now that I think about it it could have also been space junk.
 

Nik

ACCESS: Secret
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
411
Reaction score
35
Perhaps they were: This was several decades ago...
And, IIRC, 'waterproofed' (waxed) version is still made for eg camping...
 

Similar threads

Top