Russian matrix manufacturers

T-50

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
The Russian electronic industry is the last twenty years rapidly developed,from clumsy monochrome CRTs to the huge LCD displays of the Su-35. I know the Russians are working on the following generation of digital avionics (see MAKS 2019) company's like KRET or Ramenskoye are developing these new avionics. I read at some sites that they use matrix made by South Korea, I can't imagine that the Russians dido not produce or developed their own matrixes. Does someone have information about possible Russian matrix technology?

Which matrix you mean? Thermals?
I thik he meant a display matrixes for MFDs.
As for matrixes - in 2005 Russia started production of LCD dispays in zelenograd but it was closed in 2008 because production wasn't cost-ffective. And even then it used substrates for LCS matrixes imported from SK. Maybe tehere is small production is Russia for military use but it's not a public data. However, Russia has full OLED and plasma display production capability.

The main producers for the world market of Plasma, LCD, and OLED panels are South Korea (Samsung, LG) and Japan (Sharp, Sony). There are smaller manufacturers of less advanced panels for flat PC monitors, but these are the main suppliers conducting extensive R&D and large scale production of these technologies. The coming technology is OLED (actively emitting LED pixels, whereas LCD is a light-blocking technology).

Last edited:
The current crisis and the effective collapse of Globalisation is likely going lead to a massive realignment though. And not just in this sector.