Russian AF Museum at Monino - At The Edge of Extinction

flateric

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Rumours of that were circulating for three years, and finally grim news came in...
http://www.lenta.ru/articles/2016/02/01/monino/

flateric

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.change.org/p/министерство-министру-обороны-рф-шойгу-сергею-кужугетовичу-за-сохранение-музея-ввс-в-монино

flateric

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Monino exhibits that could not be transported to Kubinka and will be scrapped if everything willl go according to current RuMoD plans
via periskop

Attachments

circle-5

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
How could this be allowed to happen? What a tragedy ...

Orionblamblam

Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
I wonder if I am being excessively cynical, or insufficiently cynical, to wonder if some Putin cronies will get some extra scratch by ramming this sort of thing through rather than taking the time to do it right.

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe we can put together a Kickstarter and buy ourselves a Sukhoi T-4 or a Myasischev M-50.

Steve Pace

Aviation History Writer
Reaction score
It's a national treasure of theirs - how disgusting. -SP

Grey Havoc

The path not taken.
Reaction score
I'm a bit (but not much sadly) surprised that they seemingly haven't tried to save the Mil V-12.

kaiserbill

Reaction score
If this happens, it will be a national disgrace, and a tragedy for those interested in aerospace globally.
Some of those are unique airframes and designs. I'm completely baffled as to how this can actually even be considered in what is the worlds largest country in terms of area, with armed forces not exactly short of heavy lifting equipment.

Flateric, is their some kind of appeal or petition, even for those of us not Russian? I'm sure almost everyone on this forum would gladly sign it.

EDIT: I see Flaterics second post shows a petition. I urge members here to sign it, regardless of your nationality.

That picture of Flaterics really highlights the gargantuan size of the Mil V-12. It's massive.
How could anyone possibly even entertain scrapping that, the Bounder, and T-4??? :eek:

Trident

Reaction score
kaiserbill said:
EDIT: I see Flaterics second post shows a petition. I urge members here to sign it, regardless of your nationality.
Done. #8780.

kaiserd

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Trident said:
kaiserbill said:
Done. #8780.
Signed; hopefully one of Putin's cronies realises at the 11th hour that there may be some money in proper preservation.