Ron Downey's Aviation Archives

flateric

ACCESS: USAP
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
My name is Ron Downey. I am a retired Aeronautical Engineer who worked for McDonnell Aircraft and McDonnell Douglas Corp for 40 years and collected many photos, info and brochures of their products. While the F-4 is my favorite, I have many other MDC items and these will be scanned and presented here. In addition, I have been an aviation historian for most of my adult life and I have amassed a large amount of info over my 50+ years of collecting and will be bringing that here also. My aim is to bring aviation material (Photos, articles; etc) to this blog before it is lost; but, not in-depth explanations as any good search engine can be used for that purpose. I may be contacted at: aviationarchives(at)gmail.com

Important update for those who were hesitating that old links to images are dead

Postimg.org had a registry problem about a year ago and they had to move to Postimg.cc. All photos are still available; but, the "CC" must be subtituted for "ORG" in the corresponding URL address to get to the proper place. (Hold cursor over link to get URL address or change in address line.) Postimg.org becomes Postimg.cc. Also... any URLs with the prefix "old." need to have that removed completely as well. IE, old.postimg.org/ should be amended to postimg.cc Let me know if I need to fix any links beyond the dozens that I have already fixed.

Unfortunately many of the old download links are also either dead or to sites that don't exactly meet the modern standards of stuff like mediafire.

Still, easily the largest archive of historic flight manuals I am aware of, and a good 400 or so downloads are still accessible without using weird old questionable upload locations.