• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Rockwell B-1 Lancer

Silencer1

That now I am the Ruler of the Queen's Navee!
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, this thread initially dedicated to current options for B-1' improvement and modernization. And now some posts (including mine) are mostly studing problems of information' storage, availabilty for usage after archiving/mothballing, different media types etc. Perhaps, this topic would be splitted - B-1 and infromation preservation?

Last edited:

sferrin

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Surprisingly enough there are companies out there that still make 3.5" floppy drives and disks. 5.25" is dead and buried though and presumably everything before that.
I still have a 5.25" with Platoon on it for a C64 in the loft. I have it on tape too. Are we saying that my loft has better data storage integrity than the DoD?
You're assuming they still work. ;) I had more than a few burned CDs from the 90s that no longer work.

Forest Green

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
You're assuming they still work. ;) I had more than a few burned CDs from the 90s that no longer work.
It worked as of 1 month ago. As did Pac-Man on the VIC-20. To get back on topic, a B-1 is no different to Pac-Man, except the ghosts are the Taliban.

sferrin

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
It worked as of 1 month ago. As did Pac-Man on the VIC-20. To get back on topic, a B-1 is no different to Pac-Man, except the ghosts are the Taliban.
Best case, and all engineering drawings for the B-1B are in pristine condition, that doesn't mean all the subs did the same (they might not even be in business). Also, the production line is gone, the tooling is gone, etc. The odds of the B-1B being resurrected are zero.

Ronny

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
There are tools for new B-52 but there are no tools for new B-1? that sad

Forest Green

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Best case, and all engineering drawings for the B-1B are in pristine condition, that doesn't mean all the subs did the same (they might not even be in business). Also, the production line is gone, the tooling is gone, etc. The odds of the B-1B being resurrected are zero.
In that case I hope the USAF have lots of araldite.