RIP Gino Marcomini

Skyraider3D

Aviation Artist
Reaction score
Website
www.aviationart.aero
Although not an active member of this forum, I am sure that many of us here are familiar with the wonderful artwork of Gino Marcomini.
Tragically, Gino passed away last month on the 17th. He succumbed after a six-week battle with COVID-19.
Gino and I got to know each other almost 2 decades ago due to our common interest in illustrating 3D airplanes. Since then, we became great friends as well as virtual colleagues, working together on countless 3D illustration projects.
That Gino was about to be vaccinated, and that he wasn't awake to celebrate his 40th birthday, feels incredibly cruel and unfair. He was taken away from us at the peak of his career, with so much life still ahead of him.
All who knew Gino will speak of his kindness, his humour and his talent. My deepest sympathies go out to Gino's wife, family and friends.
Gino, was truly a great guy, my best friend I never met. I miss you dearly, buddy. Blue skies.

Attachments

• Gino.jpg
    Gino.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 42
Terrible news.
He was one of the artist to whom I owe my passion for unbuilt aircraft projects. I remember when I was just 14/15 years old and stumbled on Luft46 and saw his artworks (and the ones of other great artists like you Ronnie and Duhr) for the first time.
My condolonces to you, his friends and his family.

Que a terra lhe seja leve.

I also knew from Gino's art at Luft46. I feel very sad about their loss. A brilliant talent has been extinguished.
My sincere condolences for family and friends.

RIP and thank you for all that wonderful drawings.