The idea of a family of main armoured vehicles has not gone too well for the Russians but the Germans may have more luck.
If France, Germany and Italy make a successful family of vehicles the UK should buy them off the shelf.

The idea of a family of main armoured vehicles has not gone too well for the Russians but the Germans may have more luck.
If France, Germany and Italy make a successful family of vehicles the UK should buy them off the shelf.
The UK should rebuild its AFV industry. It won't be able to make good procurement decisions without sufficient institutional knowledge, and that can only come from in-house development.

The UK should rebuild its AFV industry. It won't be able to make good procurement decisions without sufficient institutional knowledge, and that can only come from in-house development.
This is a sensible and centrist position. But sadly it is heresy to current Orthodoxy of UK politics.

They already have two of the best Tanks in the World, if they work together, i can only imagine what they could accomplish, i wish them good luck.

One significant advantage of the new calibers is that they allow a longer penetrator. 120mm are basically maxed out, the only way to get longer penetrators is a new caliber.

csm_MGCS_front_bodytext_9be3c180cc.png
Notional MGCS family of combat and support vehicles. (Photo: Hensoldt=
BMVg-1A.jpg
Notional composition of a multi-vehicle MGCS team. (Photo: BMVg)
BMVg-1B.jpg
Notional composition of a multi-vehicle MGCS team. (Photo: BMVg/German MoD)
Am I understanding this correctly? One classic tank as HQ. 3 vehicles on smaller tracked chassis, with two of those vehicles optionally manned and one unmanned entirely? Or is it 3 vehicles on the same chassis as the tank with only the unmanned loitering munition launcher on a lighter chassis?

In terms of weapons, 2 tank guns, one hypervelocity ATGM launcher, and one loitering munition/artillery rocket platform?

One significant advantage of the new calibers is that they allow a longer penetrator. 120mm are basically maxed out, the only way to get longer penetrators is a new caliber.

In terms of weapons, 2 tank guns, one hypervelocity ATGM launcher, and one loitering munition/artillery rocket platform?
Folks will believe a MGCS story when they see a prototype emerge.
Personal impression: Is this a TOG II?

Practically meme requirements suitable for the war before the last war, right at when RMA is still a novel idea to be hedged.

Personal impression: Is this a TOG II?

Practically meme requirements suitable for the war before the last war, right at when RMA is still a novel idea to be hedged.
Could be, but I don't believe so.

IIRC from a Chieftain video, the idea with MGCS is that you can't make a reasonably sized tank with all the different bits you need to be competitive today. Hence a vehicle carrying HV-ATGMs, a vehicle carrying a whole hive of loitering munitions, and two vehicles carrying the big tank guns as a single battlefield unit.