• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Retro Mechanix (now on Patreon)

richard

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
You certainly know it :

[url removed - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill S

Top Contributor
Reaction score
Not wanting to cause harm to the site or site owner, I am just wondering.

Does anyone else get this Windows Defender message when they try to visit the site?

This website has been reported as unsafe
d1kqib0uq4v1gs.cloudfront.net
We recommend that you do not continue to this website.
It has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats
to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

airman

Reaction score
Website
zeef.com
[url removed - Admin]
- this is right address

Bill S

Top Contributor
Reaction score
airman said:
[url removed - Admin
- this is right address
Which is the address that brings up the warning and site it quotes.

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Bill S said:
airman said:
[url removed - Admin]
- this is right address
Which is the address that brings up the warning and site it quotes.
Works for me on Safari (OS X, iOS) and Opera (Windows 10). Maybe try clearing your cache and deleting any cookies for that site?

jzichek

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Hi all! Here is a quick update regarding Retromechanix - the old site has been taken down and replaced with a document subscription service on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/retromechanix. The main features are:
  • 100+ pages of aeronautical primary documents, most previously unpublished, released monthly in PDF format
  • Covers American prototype and project aircraft from the 1920s–1950s
  • Photos and drawings reproduced at 150 DPI or 300 DPI, depending upon your subscription tier
Previews of each month's document release can be watched on my new Youtube channel. The video below covers the Harvey HM-300, a little known jet trainer project offered to the USAF in 1945. For those interested, free sample PDFs about the aircraft in both 150 DPI and 300 DPI resolution can be downloaded on my Patreon.

Here are videos showing the material released since February:

Videos are recorded in 4K and feature several high resolution images along with low resolution previews of the entire release. Key images in the PDFs are watermarked, but the mark is faint and unobtrusive. Content on the original Retromechanix site will be re-released in the near future as supplemental material through Patreon, with some of it upgraded to 300 DPI resolution.

I sincerely hope everyone reading this is healthy and hanging in there during these trying times; thanks and take care!

-Jared

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Wow,you my day,thank you my dear Jared.

edwest

Reaction score
Thank you Jared. This is exactly the time period that interests me most.

Wishing you and yours good health,
Ed

Foo Fighter

I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
Reaction score
Just a small observation, how can the free sample be free if you have to sign up and pay before you can get it? Just an observation but frankly that is not going to entice me to sign up, just the opposite in fact. Seriously? Pay for a free sample?

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The free sample requires you to create a Patreon account, it doesn't require you to subscribe. A Patreon account is free.

jzichek

Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Dear,
will the patreon membership will unlock even the old Retro Mechanix books and publications?
Thank you.
Hi Lucamax,

The books are not included in the Patreon; they can be purchased through Amazon, while the eBooks can be purchased through my Gumroad shop. The articles on the old Retromechanix site will eventually be re-released through Patreon, some upgraded to 300 DPI. These will be supplemental to the 100 pages of new material released each month.

Foo Fighter, I wasn't aware that the free material required signing up for Patreon, will add that info to my Youtube description.

I hope this clarifies things; a big thank you to all my new patrons! I am hard at work on restoring drawings for the May 1 release.

Best Regards,

Jared

jzichek

Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com

New video uploaded previewing material on the De Monge Planicopter of 1951, Lockheed Model 12 color brochure of 1939, USAAF MX-690 missile studies of 1945-6, Silverstein fighter concept of 1938, and Steilen Transport Hydro-Airplane of 1930.

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
I finally became a patron and I love the documents released to date. Thanks Jared

jzichek

Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
I finally became a patron and I love the documents released to date. Thanks Jared
Thank you Antonio, glad you enjoy the material so far; more great documents to come! Next month I will release info on some unknown Gallaudet projects, for instance.