Recommendations for books on Sepecat Jaguar

nova10

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Greetings and Salutations,

I looking for a definitive book on the Sepecat Jaguar, particularly in regards to avionics, upgrades, unrealised versions and the carrier-based Jaguar M prototype. Cost isn't an issue but I am looking for a definitive, winner takes all contender. All suggestions gratefully received!

Nova

The Crowood Aviation book by Andy Evans looks like the surest bet but it was published in 1998 so it might not fully cover the GR.3/GR.3a upgrade. I'd appreciate any other recommendations!

Hi Nova 10,

I only heard about that book;
Sepecat Jaguar [Les Materiels De L'Armee De L'Air 02]

I've flicked through it years ago, can remember it well but it doesn't have a lot on unrealised variants to my knowledge.

To the best of my knowledge the only unrealised variants were the carrier-borne Jaguar M for the Aeronavale and a "big-wing" version with wider wingspan and more under wing hardpoints. If anyone owns, or has read the Crowood title and knows if the GR.3/GR.3a upgrades are covered it would be appreciated if you can let me know. Cheers, my friends.

Hi Nova10,

for big wing Jaguar,please see;

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3309.msg103656.html#msg103656

nova10 said:
To the best of my knowledge the only unrealised variants were the carrier-borne Jaguar M for the Aeronavale and a "big-wing" version with wider wingspan and more under wing hardpoints. If anyone owns, or has read the Crowood title and knows if the GR.3/GR.3a upgrades are covered it would be appreciated if you can let me know. Cheers, my friends.
Andy Evans writings on the GR.1B/T.2B/GR.3 cover three pages, one third of which is text.
Modifications are listed for Jaguar '96:
- Mil-Std-1553 databus
- Rockwell-Collins GPS integrated with a new Terrain Reference Navigation System 'embedded in a further-modified FIN1064C'
- New wide-angle HUD
- Intelligent, predictive ground proximity warning arrangement using the BASE TERPROM (Terrain Profile Matching) system and what it's capable of
- New PC-based mission planning system
- Modifications to stick and hand controller
- All wiring for TIALD in place for all aircraft, with only the first 10 having full TIALD facilities at the time of writing
- New moving map display
One fragment states 'With full clearance being gained for the Jaguar '96 in February 1998 the type were redesignated GR.3 and T.4 respectively'.

Further modifications under the Jaguar '97 programme listed separately:
- New 6x8in LCD display
- Helmet Mounted Sighting System for pointing TIALD's seeker, possibly also for targetting ASRAMM(?)
- Common Rail Launcher on overwing Sidewinder pylon
- NVG-compatible cockpit

Cheers guys. this is all very helpful. Thanks for the Jaguar E/A/M information, Overscan. I just wish I knew French so I could work out the different navigation and communications fit on the Jaguar M!

i will recommend an informative bookazine on the Jaguar which came out last year in the UK from Aeroplane icons series has some superb pics and walk around pics

www.aeroplaneicons.com

Attachments

• 6290.jpg
    6290.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 78