• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Real or fake

riggerrob

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
"
Fake aircraft;

"

That speculative sketch just illustrates how much airplane you need to transport a 30 ton T-34 tank.

Eventually the USSR developed ASU and BMD series very lightweight armoured fighting vehicles for their paratroop forces. They are thinly armoured and cramped. BMD can only carry half as many (3 or 4) infantrymen as other full-sized Soviet APCs.

They also had to develop a complex parachute system, with braking rockets to slow landing speed to 6.5 metres per second.

Last edited:

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Fake aircraft.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 120

Arjen

It's turtles all the way down
Reaction score
Definitely the same. https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/bristol-siddeley-flying-pig-v-stol-1960.1525/#post-236392
flying_pig_early_a4-png.511267

Last edited:

RanulfC

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
"Flying Pig" I think the marketing guys were on vacations that day

Internal I think they didn't really think it would 'catch-on' anyway but IIRC it was also called an "Aerodyne" but that didn't get much traction either.

I suspect that the name was part in-joke since it wouldn't really be all that useful but it was essentially just a 'brute-force' lift and move using a jet-engine rather than helo blades. Mostly the same issues as with the actual "Aerodyne" (https://disciplesofflight.com/bizarre-aircraft-lippisch-aerodyne/) that tried using a ducted fan.

Randy

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
From Aeroplane Monthly 7/1992,

I think this was April Fool one,from Czech.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    320.8 KB · Views: 62

dumpster4

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
So, is this research for real (which might explain some UFO sightings)?

A scam?

A PsyOp to mess with the Russians and Chinese?

Something else?

Emails Show Navy's 'UFO' Patents Went Through Significant Internal Review, Resulted In A Demo

"While the Navy's exotic energy production patents remain as mysterious as ever, these emails add to the backstory surrounding the inventions of Salvatore Pais and suggest that the patents went through a more rigorous internal evaluation process than was previously known. The emails also seem to indicate that the research program that emanated from the patents did in fact result in an experimental demonstration of some sort."

See:

Flyaway

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
It’s always looked like some kind of disinformation campaign to me.