PVM project's

piko1

< Mutatis mutandis >
Reaction score
i know I'm too new to the secret projects and here it is my first project it's a side view only for now
it's an light fighter i we just imagined how MiG-21 successor wold look like so it must be simple cheap and efficient :D

the project is inspired by this quote of Henry Ford :
I will build a car for the great multitude. It will be large enough for the family, but small enough for the individual to run and care for. It will be constructed of the best materials, by the best men to be hired, after the simplest designs that modern engineering can devise. But it will be so low in price that no man making a good salary will be unable to own one — and enjoy with his family the blessing of hours of pleasure in God's great open spaces.

Attachments

• pvm1.jpg
    pvm1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 417
It's got the Boeing F-32s good looks, I like it ;D

I didn't think it could get any uglier than the X-32, but this beats it to it!!!

Stargazer2006 said:
I didn't think it could get any uglier than the X-32, but this beats it to it!!!

I fully agree and I also quote the great Marcel Dassault "if it (the aircraft) has a nice look it will fly well"....

hint what i want to achieve with this project ;)

yak23yak.jpg

every rule has its exceptions and Marcel Dassault is right sometimes but not in the case of F-104 ;D

Attachments

• pvm1b.jpg
    pvm1b.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 349
PvM-1 with MiG-21

Attachments

• pvm1vsmig21.jpg
    pvm1vsmig21.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 317
piko1 said:
every rule has its exceptions and Marcel Dassault is right sometimes but not in the case of F-104 ;D

Yes and not, the F-104A was perfectly fit for its role: fast air interception with missiles of high speed stratospheric bombers.
The Starfighter's bad reputation was gained when USAF and other operators decided to extend its role.

archipeppe said:
The Starfighter's bad reputation was gained when USAF and other operators decided to extend its role.

Exactly ! A great part of the bad reputation was due to the number of accidents during its service in
the German Airforce, I think, which lost about one third of the purchased aircraft.
Interestingly, in the latest issue of AirInternational, I read, that the Indian Airforce, which received
946 MiG 21s, lost 476 of it due to accidents still yet... Maybe the longer timespan was the reason,
that the reputation of the Mig 21 hadn't suffered ?

don't forget that the more of the loses in India are due poor maintenance and the nonofficial name of the 104 in Germany was The Flying Coffin ( Fliegender Sarg ) and widow maker ( Witwenmache )