It has to be related to the E-25. Maybe it is a misidentification of the E-25, I have heard of the E-5,E-10 and E-25, but not the E-20.

Last edited:
May I ask, exactly what did you Google to get those results?

its a fake or more correct not a German WW2 design, its clearly a bad CAD drawing and the design has some serious design faults or at least weird design choices, 3 overlapping wheel, tiny gun barrel in the turret no way that can be a gun and the main gun mantle is weird as well

I'm not surprised to hear that. My understanding was that the Entwicklung series of vehicles was E10, E25, E50 and E100. The other 'E' numbers that occasionally turn up are speculative or fictional.

Were there any other variants such as tank destroyers, artillery or SPAA vehicles based off of the E-Series?

Panzer tracts 20.1 comments on a 3.5 ton "Rutscher" vehicle from Weserhuette but no mention of anything called an E5 and it is cancelled due to development not expected to allow a finished vehicle to be deployed in time.

“Were any of these real?” Ok, I wasn’t there at the time, and don’t know the source of the drawings... looking at the size of the main gun, compared to the hull and superstructure, and therefore the fighting compartment, there would be very limited space for main gun rounds, one or two part rounds. Add to that the crew and you’d be talking a dozen rounds at best. Hardly sustainable in combat. Admittedly, one hit from most of those guns would be game over for the other guys. First round hits take a will drilled crew to deliver, particularly in combat.

no and the E-5 wasn't even a part of the E serry,it was just panzerkleinzerstörer rutscher and that's how it's refered in original doculent

Does designs above are pretty much all inventions by Sebastion Nast he did a LOT of E-series what-if inventions sub versions like E-100B, APCs, tank destroyers and the E-90 stuff all fakes invented by him and because there is not much info on the E-series it was all picked up as real designs.
Even the turrets of the E-50 and E-75 are not known and they did not have the big guns what is almost always shown with them, they would both had just the 88mm L/71.
The MG turret on the E-25 also fake you can thank Cromwell for that some goes for the engine deck.
The E-5 is a post war title attached to the Rutscher which is real just not called or part of the E-series, it was part of the Panzerkleinzerstörer project which some 20 designs sadly on the Rutscher is known (love tiny tanks)

Were any of these real?
No, all are fakes for what-if purposes.

Well, not exactly. Bottom to top for reply number 9, the E10 and E25 are genuine projects. The 'Jagdpanther II' is a mash up of an E50 chassis with a genuine project to mount a 128mm gun on a Pzkfw V chassis. 'Jagdtiger II ' and 'Krokodil both appear to be speculative, while Jagdpanther III is looks as if its based on work done by the French postwar for a tank destroyer that culminated in the 'Foch' SP gun. French post-war AFV design was strongly influenced by German wartime AFV design.

Now that I have looked at them in closer detail, the Jagdtiger II looks exactly like a Jagdpanther with an enlarged gun.

Were any of these real?
No, all are fakes for what-if purposes.

Well, not exactly. Bottom to top for reply number 9, the E10 and E25 are genuine projects. The 'Jagdpanther II' is a mash up of an E50 chassis with a genuine project to mount a 128mm gun on a Pzkfw V chassis. 'Jagdtiger II ' and 'Krokodil both appear to be speculative, while Jagdpanther III is looks as if its based on work done by the French postwar for a tank destroyer that culminated in the 'Foch' SP gun. French post-war AFV design was strongly influenced by German wartime AFV design.
nah, the ones that arent E-10 and E-25 are all fictional even if they took inspiration from something (also the nicknames are all wrong)q

Were there any other variants such as tank destroyers, artillery or SPAA vehicles based off of the E-Series?
there was an assault gun based off the E-100 chassis, according to Jentz and Doyle, and Spielberger; it most likely had a rear-mounted classmate (a British/US document mentions this). A scale model was built and presented to Hitler, apparently, but no drawings or anything visual survives to this day. IIRC it had a 17cm StuK? I forget tho, gotta double check later

there was an assault gun based off the E-100 chassis, according to Jentz and Doyle, and Spielberger; it most likely had a rear-mounted classmate (a British/US document mentions this). A scale model was built and presented to Hitler, apparently, but no drawings or anything visual survives to this day. IIRC it had a 17cm StuK? I forget tho, gotta double check later

I'd never heard of it (thought you were meaning the Geschützwagen Tiger), but apparently that idea was floated for a tank destroyer/assault gun E-100. Would have supposedly used either a 15cm StuK L/63 or a 17cm StuK L/53 - neither of which actually existed, but we can probably guess that the 150mm would have been based on the 15cm sFH 18 and the 170mm on the 17cm Kanone 18. Though both of those would require considerable extension to make an L/53 or L/63 variant...some of what I'm reading suggests they may have been both scaled-up versions of the 128mm PaK 44. Hard to really know what they were doing with the E-100, it was even lower priority than the Maus before being cancelled entirely.