Northrop Grumman B-2A Spirit

I notice that document does explicitly list GBU-39 as integrated on the B-2; pertinent to is it integrated/is current only planned to be integrated discussion.

Sure, but contra that:

The F-15E Strike Eagle is currently the only aircraft outfitted with the SDB weapon system. Future platforms include the F-16 Fighting Falcon, F-117, B-1 Lancer, B-2 Spirit, F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II.

Now, that's at least somewhat out of date (F-22 and F-35 have been cleared, I think), but it's not resounding endorsement of the idea that the B-2 can carry SDB-I.

And after some digging around on Twitter, I found a ref that sounds like he knows what he's talking about. (Usual caveats for Twitter reliability, etc. But poking at his blog, he mentions having worked on the B-2's Smart Bomb Rack and JDAM integration for the RLA, so I suspect he's legit.)

View: https://twitter.com/SMSgt_Mac/status/1511547774361341953

Depressing if true, and it sounds like something USAF would do.

This increase in mishaps is becoming particularly worrying...

B-2 Stealth Bomber Damaged During Emergency Landing​

by Tyler Rogoway
Dec 10, 2022 9:18 PM
A B-2A Spirit stealth bomber experienced an in-flight emergency that resulting in an emergency landing that sparked a fire and damaged the aircraft. The incident occurred at Whiteman AFB in Missouri, where the fleet of just 20 B-2s in existence is primarily based.
The War Zone reached out to the 509th Bomb Wing public affairs for comment and they promptly responded with this description of the event:
"A U.S. Air Force B-2 Spirit experienced an in-flight malfunction during routine operations today and was damaged on the runway at Whiteman Air Force Base after it successfully completed an emergency landing. There were no personnel injuries. There was a fire associated with the aircraft after landing, and the base fire department extinguished the fire. The incident is under investigation."
Was fiddling around Whitman AFB in Google Maps, looking for B-2s when I saw this. After looking it up, that's definitely the Bomber in question.

Image is dated 2023
1674608365359.png

An old story (that some not heard) of flying wings, flies and professors.

Attachments

• StealthBomber.pdf
    1,007 KB · Views: 50
An old story (that some not heard) of flying wings, flies and professors.
Yes... and considering that the article was written before the B-2 even started its flight testing, the actual performance of the B-2 is much more compelling and pertinent than arguments over reports that may have been botched back in the late 1940s.

Resolution of the Foa-Sears debate awaits
the B-2 flight test program, which has yet to
record its first hop, though the bomber was
rolled out last November.

Rollout was Nov. 1988.
First public flight was July 1989.

MagRAM to replace RAM coating tapes. New flight planning mission software (shared with B-21):