North American X-15 - Baker - Crecy Publishing

Many books have been written about the X-15, but this upcoming volume will be the first book on the X-15 published in the UK. I wanted to ask if this book correctly identifies the Douglas D-684 (sometimes called the "Skyflash") as the Douglas bid for the X-15 competition, since the D-671 design predates the X-15 competition and was purely a Navy-sponsored design, and if there will be material in this book pertaining to advanced X-15 studies (including delta-winged, ramjet-powered X-15 studies and a scheme to use the XB-70 Valkyrie as a launch platform for the X-15).

Many books have been written about the X-15, but this upcoming volume will be the first book on the X-15 published in the UK. I wanted to ask if this book correctly identifies the Douglas D-684 (sometimes called the "Skyflash") as the Douglas bid for the X-15 competition, since the D-671 design predates the X-15 competition and was purely a Navy-sponsored design, and if there will be material in this book pertaining to advanced X-15 studies (including delta-winged, ramjet-powered X-15 studies and a scheme to use the XB-70 Valkyrie as a launch platform for the X-15).
You're wrong, since Haynes did an X-15 manual back in 2016. And since the author is the same, I suspect that it will be a reformat of the same book.

Back
Top Bottom