New XB-70 book...

I personally wrote two books and two feature articles on the Valkyrie program. I agree - nothing 'new' can be added beyond Jenkins' and Landis' B-70 book. Still, as a B-70 lover for life, I'll get a copy to see what he 'might' have come up with that 'might' be new. Steve Pace

I have found a fair number of interesting papers on XB-70 in AIAA and SAE archives.

I have been wondering if the info in those has been rolled into present books.

XB-70 Guy said:
nothing 'new' can be added beyond Jenkins' and Landis' B-70 book.

I disagree. At least theoretically, a number of good things could in principle be published... for instance, there have so far been no truly definitive large-format, clear, detailed and accurate plans of the B-70 published (the Paul Matt are the best, but since they're not NAA plans, their accuracy may be questioned). Definitive info - such as photos - showing the progress or lack thereoff of air vehicle #3. There undoutedly were a lot of detailed proposals for derivatives and modifications that have so far been shown only fragmentally (such as the orbital launch systems) or not at all.

There's still a lot of story to be told. The question is whether this information exists anymore in a form where it can be properly collated.