New Super Hornet UAP video from 2015

Thunderf00t second strike -

It’s been pointed out elsewhere that this person has a credibility issue in that he doesn’t believe that Space X reuses their rockets.

Really? So bringing in torched-looking boosters on a barge is all for show? (The one that collapsed it's crush core was a nice touch.) That's right up there with flat-earthers. I've listened to some of his stuff. He does seem quite full of himself. I do find it a bit difficult to believe he thinks SpaceX isn't reusing boosters. :confused:

I only heard part of the promo, so I did not catch the day, but NPR's show 1A will be discussing this next week.

Might as well place this here rather than starting a new thread.

The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence: A Realpolitik Consideration

Abstract
In the vigorous academic debate over the risks of the Search for ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence (SETI) and active Messaging ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence (ETI) (METI), a significant factor has been largely overlooked. Specifically, the risk of merely detecting an alien signal from passive SETI activity is usually considered to be negligible. The history of international relations viewed through the lens of the realpolitik tradition of realist political thought suggests, however, that there is a measurable risk of conflict over the perceived benefit of monopoly access to ETI communication channels. This possibility needs to be considered when analyzing the potential risks and benefits of contact with ETI.

On a practical level there is just monitoring signals. After that there needs to be scenarios in place for assessing those signals. If they boil down to interplanetary commercial traffic, then what? Spacecraft A is on its way to planet B with some cargo, and all or most of the messages fall into that category. If those signals were intercepted, and understood, tomorrow, no one would know.

Make of this what you will. Isn’t this really just stating the obvious that of course the US government will look into such reports, there would be something wrong if they didn’t, doesn’t automatically make them aliens in flying saucers.

While retired officials involved with the effort — including Harry Reid, the former Senate majority leader — hope the program will seek evidence of vehicles from other worlds, its main focus is on discovering whether another nation, especially any potential adversary, is using breakout aviation technology that could threaten the United States.

The program is not classified but deals with classified matters? There have been no clear answers since 1947. I expect nothing now, just the usual possible hints of something... maybe.

The New York Times writer appears to have studied no history. A 'memo' written in 1947 by the commander of Air Materiel Command at Wright Field in Dayton Ohio clearly states that it was possible at that time to build a similar aircraft as the 'flying discs.' It included the idea that that these aircraft were produced by some domestic entity unknown to them or the USAAF. Asking the same questions for decades has yielded no other answers. Assuming that some UFOs crashed does not identify them since that information is not available aside from a select few.

Even the title is misleading. It should read: "Want hard evidence for UFOs? You won't find it here."

The New York Times writer appears to have studied no history. A 'memo' written in 1947 by the commander of Air Materiel Command at Wright Field in Dayton Ohio clearly states that it was possible at that time to build a similar aircraft as the 'flying discs.' It included the idea that that these aircraft were produced by some domestic entity unknown to them or the USAAF. Asking the same questions for decades has yielded no other answers. Assuming that some UFOs crashed does not identify them since that information is not available aside from a select few.

Even the title is misleading. It should read: "Want hard evidence for UFOs? You won't find it here."
Well did they ever discover who this so called unknown domestic entity was then, after all it has been over seventy years later?

Well did they ever discover who this so called unknown domestic entity was then, after all it has been over seventy years later?
them :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT-erlyuCpY

Burp... sorry.

I have already posted that according to the head of Air Materiel Command:

f. It is possible within the present U.S. knowledge -- pro-
vided extensive detailed development is undertaken -- to construct a
piloted aircraft which has the general description of the object in sub-
paragraph (e) above which would be capable of an approximate range of
7000 miles at subsonic speeds.

Where did this knowledge come from? From technical personnel at Wright Field and "interrogation reports." Based on my research, a classified program at Lockheed led by Nathan Price yielded a high speed VTOL aircraft by 1953. The Americans were usually behind the Russians.

them :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT-erlyuCpY

Burp... sorry.

Imagine indeed if she buuuuuurped and belched like a Barney, Simpsons style, trembling lips included... somebody should tweak that video with a loud Barney belch...

The president appears to be threatening aliens with the US military. Well not quite.

So what, exactly, was Trump getting at in this interview? One interpretation is that Trump riffed on the possible threat of aliens to talk about how much he had done for the U.S. military. Indeed, the president has spent approximately $2.5 trillion on defense, though there’s been no real increase in America’s overall military strength and number of weapons.

The other possibility? This was Trump directly threatening aliens—or, more likely, the foreign governments behind the UAPs that the Pentagon is investigating—with military action.

The president appears to be threatening aliens with the US military. Well not quite.

So what, exactly, was Trump getting at in this interview? One interpretation is that Trump riffed on the possible threat of aliens to talk about how much he had done for the U.S. military. Indeed, the president has spent approximately $2.5 trillion on defense, though there’s been no real increase in America’s overall military strength and number of weapons.

The other possibility? This was Trump directly threatening aliens—or, more likely, the foreign governments behind the UAPs that the Pentagon is investigating—with military action.

You don't need to threaten a threat that doesn't exist.

And another of these photos again from an F/A-18. In spite of what it says in the article it still looks like semi-deflated balloon to me.

Nope, too much angles.

It is a sort of a crest-shaped object with a sort of bi-dimensional pattern extruded into the third dimension (you can see as a sort of a thickness).

This is the UAP:

1607510399991.png

And this is a partially inflated/deflated Stratospheric Balloon:

1607510386409.png

Am I...the only one seeing a resemblance to Cormorant?

Attachments

• hoo1asmhk4j21.jpg
    hoo1asmhk4j21.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 25
  • photo-2-1-1.jpg
    photo-2-1-1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 28
What interested me about this wasn’t the UFO nonsense but this section of the article.

According to Greenewald, around 10,000 Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) reports were required to obtain the PDFs and the process was an excruciatingly long one. He scanned the documents by hand.
“Around 20 years ago, I had fought for years to get additional UFO records released from the CIA,” Greenewald said in an email to Motherboard. “It was like pulling teeth! I went around and around with them to try and do so, finally achieving it. I received a large box, of a couple thousand pages, and I had to scan them in one page at a time.”
According to a blog announcing the archive, the CIA created a CD-ROM containing previously released records as well as those the Black Vault was attempting to unseal. To ensure the Black Vault has as complete a record of CIA documents as possible available, it purchased this CD-ROM in mid-2020.
The Black Vault blog notes that the CIA claims that this represents all its documents on the file, but there may be no way to verify that and other documents may be out there.
“Researchers and curious minds alike prefer simplicity and accessibility when they look at data dumps such as these,” Greenewald said. “The CIA has made it INCREDIBLY difficult to use their records in a reasonable manner. They offer a format that is very outdated (multi page .tif) and offer text file outputs, largely unusable, that I think they intend to have people use as a “search” tool. In my opinion, this outdated format makes it very difficult for people to see the documents, and use them, for any research purpose.”

Last edited:
What interested me about this wasn’t the UFO nonsense but this section of the article.

According to Greenewald, around 10,000 Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) reports were required to obtain the PDFs and the process was an excruciatingly long one. He scanned the documents by hand.
“Around 20 years ago, I had fought for years to get additional UFO records released from the CIA,” Greenewald said in an email to Motherboard. “It was like pulling teeth! I went around and around with them to try and do so, finally achieving it. I received a large box, of a couple thousand pages, and I had to scan them in one page at a time.”
According to a blog announcing the archive, the CIA created a CD-ROM containing previously released records as well as those the Black Vault was attempting to unseal. To ensure the Black Vault has as complete a record of CIA documents as possible available, it purchased this CD-ROM in mid-2020.
The Black Vault blog notes that the CIA claims that this represents all its documents on the file, but there may be no way to verify that and other documents may be out there.
“Researchers and curious minds alike prefer simplicity and accessibility when they look at data dumps such as these,” Greenewald said. “The CIA has made it INCREDIBLY difficult to use their records in a reasonable manner. They offer a format that is very outdated (multi page .tif) and offer text file outputs, largely unusable, that I think they intend to have people use as a “search” tool. In my opinion, this outdated format makes it very difficult for people to see the documents, and use them, for any research purpose.”

It takes money to keep updating formats over the years.

It takes money to keep updating formats over the years.
jeeezz i didnt think they were in an information crisis or something

What is lacking here is the fact that the OSS/CIA can exclude anything on security grounds. In 1947, when flying saucers were revealed to the American public, the Air Force investigated but would also ask for guidance from Air Materiel Command in Dayton, Ohio. Before the Air Force started its first Project, AMC was getting the reports for evaluation. The Office of Naval Intelligence was also involved. After the official end of Air Force involvement with UFOs when the Condon Report was published in 1968, there is no reason to believe that later reports were ignored.

In another case, it was a case of pulling teeth to get the CIA to release what turned out to be millions of pages.

This is one of those rare moments where the following response is appropriate: Bwahahahahahahaha !!! You're never going to be told anything remotely close to the truth.

There’s an update to the story on the same site now.

Further update below.

What about one of those flat vessels often referenced as narco-submarines using normally used to offload cargo drones to harass and distract navy vessels the time she exited safely their detection range?
If such drones does exit, they are probably powerful and have range (hence loiter time) plus deniability means (small explosive, water way to sink rapidly...). That would explain the guidance enigma (you'd offload a buoy with antennas attached to your vessels through a fiber optic cable - Narco-submarines would use that to decorelate their geo position to any ESM localisation meanings).

Please understand that here it doesn't change anything if the fleeting vessel is involved in the narco traffic or something else, is a sumi-submerged ship or a full submarine. The modus of operation is simply easier to understand with that example

Last edited:
What about one of those flat vessels often referenced as narco-submarines using normally used to offload cargo drones to harass and distract navy vessels the time she exited safely their detection range?
If such drones does exit, they are probably powerful and have range (hence loiter time) plus deniability means (small explosive, water way to sink rapidly...). That would explain the guidance enigma (you'd offload a buoy with antennas attached to your vessels through a fiber optic cable - Narco-submarines would use that to decorelate their geo position to any ESM localisation meanings).

Please understand that here it doesn't change anything if the fleeting vessel is involved in the narco traffic or something else, is a sumi-submerged ship or a full submarine. The modus of operation is simply easier to understand with that example
Don't agree. Try flying a Cessna unannounced at night on top of some USN destroyers and tell me you wont be killed. It is not a coincidence this happened in the same area as the "Tic Tacs". Some of the crew talked last year and this ended up on twitter. The leakers said they looked like Tic Tacs. But the Navy called them "UAV" because the Navy didnt want the UFO crowd to go nuts again.

Looks like they have to take an official stance on the origin now.

This is the full text of the directive that was included in the federal omnibus spending bill, that was signed into law on December 27th. It looks fairly comprehensive. The original is located here.

Advanced Aerial Threats

The Committee supports the efforts of the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force at the Office of Naval Intelligence to standardize collection and reporting on unidentified aerial phenomenon, any links they have to adversarial foreign governments, and the threat they pose to U.S. military assets and installations. However, the Committee remains concerned that there is no unified, comprehensive process within the Federal Government for collecting and analyzing intelligence on unidentified aerial phenomena, despite the potential threat. The Committee understands that the relevant intelligence may be sensitive; nevertheless, the Committee finds that the information sharing and coordination across the Intelligence Community has been inconsistent, and this issue has lacked attention from senior leaders.

Therefore, the Committee directs the DNI, in consultation with the Secretary of Defense and the heads of such other agencies as the Director and Secretary jointly consider relevant, to submit a report within 180 days of the date of enactment of the Act, to the congressional intelligence and armed services committees on unidentified aerial phenomena (also known as anomalous aerial vehicles), including observed airborne objects that have not been identified.

The Committee further directs the report to include:

1. A detailed analysis of unidentified aerial phenomena data and intelligence reporting collected or held by the Office of Naval Intelligence, including data and intelligence reporting held by the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force;
  2. A detailed analysis of unidentified phenomena data collected by: geospatial intelligence / signals intelligence / human intelligence / measurement and signals intelligence
  3. A detailed analysis of data of the FBI, which was derived from investigations of intrusions of unidentified aerial phenomena data over restricted United States airspace;
  4. A detailed description of an interagency process for ensuring timely data collection and centralized analysis of all unidentified aerial phenomena reporting for the Federal government, regardless of which service or agency acquired the information;
  5. Identification of an official accountable for the process described in paragraph 4;
  6. Identification of potential aerospace or other threats posed by the unidentified aerial phenomena to national security, and an assessment of whether this unidentified aerial phenomena activity may be attributed to one or more foreign adversaries;
  7. Identification of any incidents or patterns that indicate a potential adversary may have achieved breakthrough aerospace capabilities that could put United States strategic or conventional forces at risk; and
  8. Recommendations regarding increased collection of data, enhanced research and development, and additional funding and other resources.

The report shall be submitted in unclassified form, but may include a classified annex.