New Dragon model

Donamy

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I'm making this for Orbiter Spaceflight Sim.

Attachments

• DragonWIP2.jpg
    DragonWIP2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 587
  • scaled.jpg
    scaled.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 572
A screenshot from Orbiter, showing the Dragon attatched to Harmony, with Dextre below the trunk.

Attachments

• DragonWIP3.jpg
    DragonWIP3.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 452
Excellent work Donamy. I love the Orbiter sim...

Thank you for the kind words. I hope to upolad it to O-H soon.

Another screenshot.

Attachments

• Dragonbythetail.jpg
    Dragonbythetail.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 247
Orbiter is one kewl sim (... bold for me to say since I haven't tried it yet, I know) ... anyway, the quality of your work seems impeccable. Pehaps you should contact SpaceX and point out to them what you have done with a virtual Dragon. I can imagine Musk et. al. being quite excited by "unconventional" or "new media" advertising methods and this quite clearly qualifies as such.

What are you using as the basis? Last year, I tried to create some 3D models of various parts of the Falcon 9 (for 3D printing), I ran into a lack of accurate information.

UpForce said:
Orbiter is one kewl sim (... bold for me to say since I haven't tried it yet, I know) ... anyway, the quality of your work seems impeccable. Pehaps you should contact SpaceX and point out to them what you have done with a virtual Dragon. I can imagine Musk et. al. being quite excited by "unconventional" or "new media" advertising methods and this quite clearly qualifies as such.

Wow, I don't know what to say. Thankyou !! I would love for spaceX to see it, but I wouldn't know how to go about it.

Oh, and yes Orbiter is kewl.

Hobbes said:
What are you using as the basis? Last year, I tried to create some 3D models of various parts of the Falcon 9 (for 3D printing), I ran into a lack of accurate information.

Thank you ! Mainly it is googleing for pictures, going on SpaceX and Nasa sights. Of course there are alot more images available now. I've done pretty much the whole ISS as it is today,, along with the shuttle and many missions, including the Hubble repair mission STS-125.

archipeppe said:
Nice!

What software did you exploited to do that?

Thanks very much. I use AC3D 6.18 only $80 US. It is very user friendly, has a great texture mapper, and best of all for me ... an import/export plugin for Orbiter. :)