Dassault Falcon 10X

Very nice isn't it? Love the interiors too. Quite intrigued by this gizmo on the nose as well which I assume is some sort of FLIR gear. Good to see the technology is moving into (high end) commercial equipment.

View attachment 657809

Yup, Enhanced Vision System (several bands, not just IR). In less elaborate form this has been a staple of high-end business jets for a while now (later adopted by freighters - check out FedEx MD-11s and 777Fs - but not airliners, due to regulations).

I love the looks, very clean, Gulfstream-ish wing there. Pity they ditched the signature Falcon cruciform empennage for a common-or-garden T-tail though!

Bloody hell, looks more like a feederliner than a business jet!
Does look sleek though.

Well, it's the size of a E-190, so...

I suspect Gulfstream's characteristic panoramic windows have as much to do with avoiding that impression as they do with affording a better view to the occupants.

Last edited:
but not airliners, due to regulations
Why ? that's not considered a worthy improvement to safety ?

50 years ago the Mercure airliner borrowed from Mirage combat aircraft HUD tech. Nice to see that trend continuing.

IIRC, in commercial aircraft with a capacity of more than 19 passengers, regulations would make a diversion mandatory in conditions where the EVS comes into play for a biz jet. That is to say, for such aircraft there's no credit on visibility minima from EVS in absence of sufficient ILS equipment at the field.

Last edited:
Maybe an admin will stumble on this and make the appropriate inputs before a member start ordering a pack of 10X as if it was French made beer.

As we say in French "oh putain le canon !" (not a very distinguished way of admiring a beautiful woman, admitedly)

What a beauty, really (english and polite way of saying the same thing).

We have a similar expression in English "son of a gun!"
It originated back in the days of sailing ships and muzzle-loading cannons. Some ships took on board women who cooked and cleaned for sailors on the gun decks. Since these women also helped sailors relieve sexual tensions, they also occasionally gave birth to babies who were listed as "son of a gun" because it was difficult to determine which sailor was the father.
The term used to be considered profanity, but now it is only a mild expression of surprise.

Last edited:
The 'artstation' URL had me wondering if this is official artwork. The page says it is:
I had the opportunity to work on a premiere for the new Dassault Aviation Falcon 10X. I was responsible of all aspects, except modeling. Both interior and exterior 3d models were provided by the client.

That has more space than my flat..... I do like it though, swappsies?

"We are honored to partner with Dassault on this amazing aircraft. We’re building on decades of experience producing electrical power systems on military and commercial applications and are working with Dassault to bring the latest technology to market for their customers," said Joe Krisciunas, general manager of Electrical Power for GE Aviation.

GE will utilize its Electric Power Integration Center (EPIC) in Cheltenham, UK where it will employ state of the art dynamic software modeling, simulation and analysis to predict how the system and its individual components will perform, including full system testing within a copper-bird environment. GE will perform all electrical power system certification testing within the EPIC, on behalf of Dassault, preparing and delivering the necessary documentation as part of Dassault’s aircraft certification submission to EASA.