• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

New battery types.

Foo Fighter

I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
Reaction score
G'day, There is a lot of snippets of information but independent facts seem to be few and far between. Is there a particular information source for batteries using little or no exotic materials/metals?

Foo Fighter

Reaction score
Very good, haha. I was looking for serious technology answers but a laugh a day does work. There was a Japanese tech guy promoting an iron gas battery that could be recycled simply. Also a lot of talk about graphene but it is short in nature and short on facts. If there are any facts out there I have failed to find them so pointers would be appreciated.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Reaction score
Website
beyondthesprues.com
Some of the solid-state battery technology is looking interesting - especially when you see goals of their providing potentials for 500mile range and 1 minute recharging for electric vehicles.

Foo Fighter

Reaction score
Agreed but then there has been no information on the materials used so far, what type of materials would be needed for the terminals? Graphene could do the job if sufficiently developed but that seems not to be the case yet and the best conductor I know is still gold.

Grey Havoc

The path not taken.
Reaction score
Nickel-Iron Storage batteries:

What was old is new again...

Last edited:

edwest

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
It appears competition is limiting what can be said. Also, certain technologies need to be profitable immediately. Once the current health crisis eases, expect more announcements. Also, expect the infrastructure to magically appear for charging these batteries, at least in the US, since the current health crisis is already yielding to the climate change crisis.

Tesla's Million Mile Battery is ready for production as of June last year.

And, of course, investors need to be convinced to invest.

Grey Havoc

The path not taken.
Reaction score