Nepal Earthquake

cluttonfred

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
cluttonfred.info
Moderators, I hope this is the correct place to put this, I have never posted anything like this before.

If anyone is looking to do something to support relief efforts in Nepal, I have a suggestion. I was a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer in Chautara, Sindhupalchok District, Nepal in 1990-92 with Peace Corps class N170. Because of the lack of communications into the area, I have not yet been able find out if my host family -- Dhruba Lal Shrestha, his wife Shobha and their family -- are OK. In the meantime, it seems that Chautara and the surrounding area have suffered greatly and need a lot of help. The link below is to a fund being set up by a group of returned Peace Corps volunteers (RPCVs) who recently served in Chautara--all the money will go directly to the families in the area. Please donate generously and share this with others. Thanks, Matthew

https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraisers/1245806/x/10659908

My little sister and father were walking from Lobuche to everest base camp when it happened, they were about 6 hours from an avalanche and had been in Kathmandu a little over 2 days earlier. Extremely lucky. They've now trekked back down through the valleys and made it to Lukla to catch a flight to Kathmadu (only flights going). My father's an expedition leader and my sister an ER nurse so they're ok and trying to help but it sounds as though the need is great and they're not even at the centre of the destruction.

I can only also encourage people to make a contribution. If it seems a large and impersonal problem try and remember that people are living at high altitude in the elements under pieces of tarp, if you give $10 that could mean the difference between a tent and a tarp for a family or the difference between food and hunger for real children. I don't mean to be dramatic but skip your next cafe coffee and donate a few dollars, if you choose your charity wisely it will mean some real person living realy tough right now will get a little relief.