Nasa LRC-1 Tanker Airplane Model

Bazinga

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
So, this is my first real post. I stumbled over this model in the NASA archives (John H. Glenn Research Center at Lewis Field) . This led me to believe it was somewhat serious and not speculative. It is a 1979 model but I can't map it to any program I have on record. Anybody a clue? It reminds me of WWII gliders. Source: https://catalog.archives.gov/id/17473577

255_GRC_1979_04538 - Copy.jpg 255_GRC_1979_04539 - Copy.jpg

Very clever, isn't it? I expect the model shop had fun with that one, probably using bits from other models they had lying about. The props especially must belong to some project; they look like too much work to make just as a joke. Possibly intended to settle a bet or commemorate some now-unknown event.

OK ,that is definitely speculation. I saw this pic as well but perhaps they still had it as a still born real project....only the locals will know

Hi,

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 21
OK ,that is definitely speculation. I saw this pic as well but perhaps they still had it as a still born real project....only the locals will know

True, but I doubt that they would convert a model connected to a real program into a wine bottle caddy. I would love to know what the occasion was, but a cursory search on the date hasn't turned up anything.